Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 7 Vote(s) - 3.86 Average
Assetto Corsa Skin Transfer App V1.1
Hi I'm unsure about the installation so in need of help

Is this the place where you put your folder with the skins?

https://imgur.com/GBhsr7N

Thanks in advance!
(11-28-2017, 06:10 PM)simracingsystem Wrote:  skin update should be something that happens without doing anything different from the usual procedure.

Thanks

(11-28-2017, 08:20 PM)Henrik Ericson Wrote:  Hi I'm unsure about the installation so in need of help

Thanks in advance!

Hello Henrik...
Your skins you create should be put into the individual car's skin folder within the content folder.
For Example: I made a skin folder for my BMW GT3 Z4. It would go into this file location for me.

C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\assettocorsa\content\cars\bmw_z4_gt3\skins

This location will depend on where you installed Steam originally though (what hard drive you put it on).
I put Steam on my C:\ drive... Others I've seen have a gaming drive that they have installed everything on.

Good Luck.
Cool Respectfully..... Stan Donit Cool
(11-28-2017, 09:11 PM)Stan Donit Wrote:  
(11-28-2017, 06:10 PM)simracingsystem Wrote:  skin update should be something that happens without doing anything different from the usual procedure.

Thanks

(11-28-2017, 08:20 PM)Henrik Ericson Wrote:  Hi I'm unsure about the installation so in need of help

Thanks in advance!

Hello Henrik...
Your skins you create should be put into the individual car's skin folder within the content folder.
For Example: I made a skin folder for my BMW GT3 Z4. It would go into this file location for me.

C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\assettocorsa\content\cars\bmw_z4_gt3\skins

This location will depend on where you installed Steam originally though (what hard drive you put it on).
I put Steam on my C:\ drive... Others I've seen have a gaming drive that they have installed everything on.

Good Luck.

Hi, thanks for your reply! I thought I needed to put it in a special folder because it didn't register in the broadcasts from SRS but realized the person that did the skin hadn't put an "_" in the name, and that's why it was a problem
Hey Admin and Racers...
I'm having problems with a different skin I've created for someone I race with. The folder is way under the 10Mb limit. All the files are correctly labeled and saved. I'm just wondering about the title of the skin folder itself and possibly the ".json" file.

I see in the original post where you have instructions on naming the skin folder---

Skin folder must be named after your SRS username but on lower capsno accents and spaces replaced by an underscore '_'
  • Ex: username:Henrique Alves      skin folder: henrique_alves

• Ex: username:João Paço               skin folder: joao_paco
But this driver's name is "John G. Hill" and I assume his skin folder name should be "john_g_hill" since you don't have an example with a middle initial.

ALSO... Will the ".json" file with driver info (name, number, skin name, country, etc.) have anything to do with the system identifying the skin and showing it.
I noticed in last night's SIMPIT M3 race, his skin still wasn't showing up on the SRS TV stream.

Thanks in advance for any insight into fixing this problem.
Hello,

should be "john_g._hill"

file names inside the skin folder should have no influence.
(12-01-2017, 03:26 PM)simracingsystem Wrote:  Hello,

should be  "john_g._hill"

file names inside the skin folder should have no influence.

Thank You Thank You Thank You ADMIN
I didn't realize I needed the "period" after the middle initial.
You may want to update that in the original post for others who WILL encounter the same problem.
Today i updated my Porsche skin for the GT3Euro, app said it's okay but on livestream server is still my old skin.

Please update the skins on the streaming server, thx! Big Grin
My new skin in GT3 Euro is still not on SRS TV, uploaded it twice, size is below 10 MB, app uploads my skin, "skin is okay", stream shows old skin with grey rims. Please fix it!
Hi everyone
Has anyone got a tutorial video on how to install this app correctly?
i dont want to stuff up my files and create an issue with online racing.
iv read the installation page but still not sure about renaming SRS skin file?
i probably sound a bit useless but i just dont want to make any stuff ups!
help with this would be greatly appreciated.
Cheers
Brad.
just rename the folder that contains your skin inside content/cars/{the car you want}/skins/ to bradly_grant

ex: lotus evora
Steam\steamapps\common\assettocorsa\content\cars\lotus_evora_gx\skins\bradly_grant