Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Rules and Racetiquette 0.2
(04-12-2021, 09:48 AM)Giovanni Michelini Wrote:  Thank you Gianluca!

[Edit]

Sorry to bother you again and thanks for the link that I read carefully... And now I'm more confused than before! Big Grin

In the "5. Disputed over the apex" section is written that "if the attacker is less than half-way alongside" at the apex the defender as the right for the racing line (image below).

As the blue car, I will leave the space for the red car and not close the door. Instead it is considered a red car fault 

[Image: f1_apex_b.png]

In the section "7. Going around the outside" the rule said that "If the driver on the inside is ahead at corner exit, it is the duty of the driver on the outside to back out or take evasive action to avoid a collision." Again, as the red car, I will not take all the width on the exit, instead it is the blue car that has to slow down because it is not ahead at the apex.

[Image: f1_outside_behind.png]

Last but not least, at the end of the case studies this is defined a "brilliant overtake" but it seems "divebombing" by your previous definition 

link to the video

Am I leaving too much space to opponents or we race differently?

Last but not least, at the end of the case studies this is defined a "brilliant overtake" but it seems "divebombing" by your previous definition -> no, because at the entrance of the corner the cars are flanked. "Divebombing" is disputing the corner when being fully behind at the braking point/corner entrance.
I survived lap 1. Now I can deal with anything in life.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Rules and Racetiquette 0.2 - by Carsten Meyer - 11-01-2020, 09:35 AM
RE: Rules and Racetiquette 0.2 - by Gianluca Roncaglia - 04-12-2021, 12:30 PM
RE: Rules and Racetiquette 0.2 - by Russell Sobie - 04-12-2021, 11:32 PM