Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bug with the Montreal circuit (Circuit Gilles-Villeneuve)
(05-20-2020, 09:41 PM)Russell Sobie Wrote:  If I had my druthers, the stupid slow down penalty BS would be removed from the servers entirely, and we would all just protest people that take advantage. I've been in so many wrecks because people lifted (or hard broke) right in the racing line before the start/finish to serve these dumb penalties... and I have MYSELF caused a few incidents trying to do the same (off the racing line if I can).

I know that won't happen because then likely the protest count will likely go through the roof, but a man can dream!

So yeah, exploiting track bounds is protest-able. A number of threads about it have been posted and replied to by administration saying as such.
Disagree with this. 
- i agree that 35kph is stupid and its a shame that limit can't be raised (maybe it can?) - but it does give you the option to lift and coast - doing that for 10 seconds on a straight is better than the alternative, doing a drive-through or something.If people are doing it in a stupid area then raise as a protest. 
- if the penalty rule was removed it would be absolutely impossible to police - i'm not going to spend my time searching through replays trying to find one instance of a rival cutting the track in order so i can raise a protest. It would be a silly amount of work to administer and to be fair. 
- its unfair to criticise the penalty system on a track which is a mod track........it works effectively 95% of the time - if there is an exploit on a mod track then sure, we have that system already as you explained to raise it. The OP could see it was an obvious exploit and can raise a protest - job done. 
- for most of the tracks where the rules work fine...once you know them its easy - don't cut  Smile

Messages In This Thread
RE: Bug with the Montreal circuit (Circuit Gilles-Villeneuve) - by Ted Haggard - 05-22-2020, 10:51 AM