Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bug with the Montreal circuit (Circuit Gilles-Villeneuve)
Hi, not sure if this has been brought up before but after looking around on the forums I couldn’t see it mentioned before. I have noticed a problem with the Montreal circuit (Circuit Gilles-Villeneuve) when racing today (20/05/2020) in the 13:00 (GMT) Tatus race.

I had an incident early on which caused me to fall nearly to the back of the grid. As I was making my way back up the pack, after a few laps I noticed a driver began to start gaining large amounts of time on the last chicane between the two long straights by the Wall of Champions. Each time he was gaining 2-3 seconds at that section. I was not 100% sure as he was a couple of seconds ahead of me, but from what I could see I was convinced he was completely cutting the chicane. After watching the replay, I could see after the first few laps he seemed to accidentally discover this when he overshot the braking and drove straight through, getting no penalty. He then proceeded to cut the chicane multiple laps in a row, again with no penalty. I’m not sure if he coasted or was on full throttle though. In fact by doing this he ended up setting the fastest lap of the race, quicker than the alien drivers, even though he was losing plenty of time in the other corners.

I tried an offline session to test this out. I found that in qualification the game registers this automatically as a corner cut (even if I coasted while driving straight through the chicane) and the lap didn't count. However, once I started an offline race, I could easily drive straight through, easily overtaking multiple AI cars, where I got no slow down penalty.

If I what I am saying is correct, then the track is completely broken for racing as anyone can cut that chicane. If true, then unfortunately by bringing this up it will probably ruin the rest of the races for the Tatus this week, since whoever reads this knows about it now. However I feel it is important to let everyone know so the issue can be addressed, instead of someone clearly gaining a huge unfair advantage on a bug that no one else knows about. If the track isn’t fixed (unlikely as the mod is few years old I think), then I don’t think it should be used in any more series going forward. 

Personally, I feel this exploit kills the fun of the track, as that chicane creates real tension when trying to take it as fast as possible without hitting the Wall of Champions, or when trying to overtake/defend your position. 

I also don’t want this to be a persecution of the driver, which is why I havn’t mentioned their name. I saw him say in the chat after the race that the modded track was stupid, so even he wasn’t happy with this. It is not his fault he found this bug. The problem is with the track and not the driver.

[quote pid='38119' dateline='1589987334']
Unfortunately I can't show a replay of this race, as when I was testing it offline I accidently overwrote the temporary replay of the online race (beacuse I din't save it properly like a dummy). 
[/quote]

Messages In This Thread
Bug with the Montreal circuit (Circuit Gilles-Villeneuve) - by Donnchadh MacGarry - 05-20-2020, 03:08 PM