Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Reconcider some restrictions on Protest footage requiremements
You know me, I'm an advocate for filing protests early and often. There have been a number of posts complaining about the overall bad driving in some races this season, and the response from many of us has been "Shut up and use the protest form." Agree! However, the recent restrictions (well... fairly recent?) of requiring both cockpit footage and TV Camera, as well as not relying on Apps to display driver names, are a bit too restrictive. In some cases it makes it impossible to record useful footage that stewards can fairly consider. If we want more protests filed, it should be made easy to create the video without spending up to (or more than) an hour to find footage that tells the whole story of a protest-able incident.
  1. Typical TV Camera views on most tracks don't capture the whole story (or in some cases, capture none of the story).
  2. TV Camera views sometimes aren't close enough for driver names to be visible over the car.
  3. While tracking a particular driver, that driver's name is NEVER visible over the car (because Kunos?), requiring you to track a nearby driver and hope the offending driver is caught doing whatever it is they are getting protested for. They are usually out of frame in my experience.
  4. When viewing through the cockpit of the offender, there is no way to see the name of the driver (probably for the same reason as point #3). Only cockpit views of drivers behind the offending driver would be useful here, and that isn't always where the incident comes from.
  5. Apps that display driver names are out there and are reliable, making capturing poor behavior trivial. One of them shows it EXTREMELY well: Bcast >> DOWNLOAD <<
  6. Stewards watching videos would likely get a better view of the incident(s) if it was just a chase cam view with an app showing the driver name of the tracked driver. Less time watching videos!
In conclusion, allowing apps (perhaps only one or two officially sanctioned apps?) to show driver names and then only requiring cockpit and/or chase cam views of incidents would greatly speed up the recording process for protest videos, as well as passing judgement on them. Please reconsider the restrictions on protest video requirements. Thanks!
Tutorial on how to use Autodesk Mudbox and Adobe Photoshop to make custom liveries! https://tinyurl.com/yaetz4qz
Grab my PDash Skins (an Assetto Corsa HUD app) here: https://tinyurl.com/y95ewubz

Messages In This Thread
Reconcider some restrictions on Protest footage requiremements - by Russell Sobie - 04-04-2020, 05:59 PM