Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Project CARS 2 season 1 retrospective
Thank you for your summary. I was one of those who expressed a lot of enthusiasm when the PC2-SRS integration was about to happen, I actually advertised it a bit on PC2 forums. Unfortunately, I barely participated myself, for several reasons. My schedule is a bit unpredictable, and it has been always hard for me to participate in SRS races due to having to plan precisely in advance. Also the timing of races rarely suits the time I can devote to racing. I am in eastern US and on weekdays I basically only can race at 9 or 10 pm, sometimes 11. if I was in Europe or could race 7 pm or so, I think I would have more opportunities. With PC2/SRS it's even harder because of very few races. This is the reason why I now do most of my racing in PC2 open multiplayer. Yes it's frustrating being punted out of 50% of races, but at least I can do it time-wise.

The choice of cars/series also did not suit me very well, I am not a fan of ovals, I am not good at Clio, and I really suck at stock cars. I am really hoping for more single-seaters, especially old Formula 1 (including pre-aero), and Formula R. I think that also Caterham 7 races could be fun on smaller tracks, as well as LMP on larger tracks (not the other way around, can you imagine LMP cars in Cadwell Park ;- )). On the other hand, based on PC2 open races, GT3 races should be popular.

I was also caught out once by the "early exit" problem, to my surprise I did finish at a reasonable position in one stock car race I did, but forgot to wait long enough and my scores did not register.
A clear reminder showing up in the app after you register (not after you join, as VR racers do not join through app) would be a great addition.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Project CARS 2 season 1 retrospective - by Pawel Kusmierek - 09-04-2019, 02:35 PM