Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Project CARS 2 season 1 retrospective
Granted, I participated in only one of the five series, but figured I'd get a thread started to give feedback about the SRS-PC2 integration.

First off, YAAAAAAY PROJECT CARS 2. This game is gorgeous. I hadn't really played with it until this SRS season dragged me in, and I've really been enjoying it. Jean's "real time, real weather" series on Tuesday showed how much variety can be brought to SRS versus non-Sol AC. Even in the series that I wasn't able to join, there were other people recording or streaming the races, and they were fun to watch.

Even with all of AC's modding potential, PC2 has cars and tracks that we don't get in either AC or R3E. It fills gaps in SRS's lineup. Unfortunately those new challenges didn't seem to resonate with everyone in this season. Both the Stock Car and IndyCar series were sadly neglected. Maybe this was because the people who would have been interested weren't around at the times when the races were running...?

As a result of low attendance, several races didn't get counted in the overall standings. This might be, in part, because of the way that the SRS-PC2 integration works. When someone leaves a race in AC early, they still get counted, but in PC2, anyone who leaves before the "host" ends the session gets excluded from the results, regardless of where they finished. This is not only unintuitive, but could badly skew the results. I hope there is a way to improve the integration with SRS's systems so that the app can inspect the results of the race earlier in the process, and we don't lose people in the standings. There is already a reminder of this in the forum, but maybe a reminder inside the SRS PC2 app would help people remember the procedures and workarounds that are still necessary to get the most out of the experience.

I have seen several people on various Discords being turned off by the requirement that their Steam name match their SRS user name. I have been streaming races with my SRS name visible but I still dislike having my name on Steam, and changing it for every PC2 race is a bit of a burden. There are ways to get around this with multiple Steam accounts and sharing PC2 across them, but that, too, can cause issues if you're playing multiple sims on SRS. I hope we can find a better solution in the SRS app where we can link Steam IDs and names to SRS profiles.

Overall I would give this SRS-PC2 experiment a favorable and optimistic review, and hope it grows to include more people and more series, despite the issues of this inaugural season. Let's all remember how new and difficult this is, and try not to flame the game, the integration app, or each other.  Angel
⌈ zerøbandwidth autosports ⌋
https://twitch.tv/zer0bandwidth
https://youtube.com/c/zerobandwidth
Thank you for your summary. I was one of those who expressed a lot of enthusiasm when the PC2-SRS integration was about to happen, I actually advertised it a bit on PC2 forums. Unfortunately, I barely participated myself, for several reasons. My schedule is a bit unpredictable, and it has been always hard for me to participate in SRS races due to having to plan precisely in advance. Also the timing of races rarely suits the time I can devote to racing. I am in eastern US and on weekdays I basically only can race at 9 or 10 pm, sometimes 11. if I was in Europe or could race 7 pm or so, I think I would have more opportunities. With PC2/SRS it's even harder because of very few races. This is the reason why I now do most of my racing in PC2 open multiplayer. Yes it's frustrating being punted out of 50% of races, but at least I can do it time-wise.

The choice of cars/series also did not suit me very well, I am not a fan of ovals, I am not good at Clio, and I really suck at stock cars. I am really hoping for more single-seaters, especially old Formula 1 (including pre-aero), and Formula R. I think that also Caterham 7 races could be fun on smaller tracks, as well as LMP on larger tracks (not the other way around, can you imagine LMP cars in Cadwell Park ;- )). On the other hand, based on PC2 open races, GT3 races should be popular.

I was also caught out once by the "early exit" problem, to my surprise I did finish at a reasonable position in one stock car race I did, but forgot to wait long enough and my scores did not register.
A clear reminder showing up in the app after you register (not after you join, as VR racers do not join through app) would be a great addition.
I was one of the people who didn't get to join as I was on Holliday and I also expressed concern at using real name on steam. This is something that needs to be addressed imho
Pcars 2 is my favourite sim and with modded ffb (raw is not bad but lack a info on self aligning torquedie to two missing forces in the ffb).
there is no other way. Either change the profile name every time you use it in SRS or create another steam account and share PC2 with that account that always has your name.
(09-04-2019, 01:57 PM)Pasha Paterson Wrote:  I have seen several people on various Discords being turned off by the requirement that their Steam name match their SRS user name. I have been streaming races with my SRS name visible but I still dislike having my name on Steam, and changing it for every PC2 race is a bit of a burden. There are ways to get around this with multiple Steam accounts and sharing PC2 across them, but that, too, can cause issues if you're playing multiple sims on SRS. I hope we can find a better solution in the SRS app where we can link Steam IDs and names to SRS profiles.

I hadn't even noticed that requirement. Yea. no. that's not gona happen.
Too bad. I was looking forward to trying SRS in PC2. For AC it's been a mess for me so far, being unable to even get in the races despite downloading all the content listed.
Guess I'll stay in that other game that costs way too much, for now. Sad

(09-10-2019, 12:05 AM)simracingsystem Wrote:  there is no other way. Either change the profile name every time you use it in SRS or create another steam account and share PC2 with that account that always has your name.

Surely there is a way for register your steam handle so the srs app knows who it is?
that is not the point.

it would be useless to require name and surname on usernames and race with nicknames.
Not much sense in featuring the same content as in AC/R3E. PC2 needs to cover series and cars that are absent in AC/R3E.

I was hoping for more street series. We got gorgeous street cars in PC2.
Also, SRS should take advantage of weather and day/night cycle.

So in the next season GTE in weather is great idea whereas FWD cars series is a mistake.
See you on track ~S!~ Big Grin