Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
High Tirewear/Fuelusage Short Race Series?
I agree that the current daily sprint races are basically hotlap events. I do enjoy them hugely and it's great flat out flag to flag racing. The "problems" that come with it are inherent to the format:

1) either nail your quali, start at the front and (usually) have a great racing experience, or overdrive on your quali lap, start midfield and try to survive Smile

2) Flat out hotlapping and every corner is a potential divebomb spot

But that's just sprint racing, nothing wrong with that.

I have to say that I hade a lot of fun on some PC2 formats where there were

1) 15 mins quali
2) 1 mandatory pitstop

5 mins more quali mean that you can probably get a clean lap in. In the 10 mins format only the last 2 laps give you a legit shot at a fast lap and often there is so much traffic with drivers that are 4, 5, 6 secs off the pace and/or struggling with the track that it's almost impossible to get even 1 lap in towards the end of the session. 5 more mins would give you a better chance at getting a clean lap without having to pray for an empty track in the last minute. it would be less of a lottery and more of a skill game.

I mean,  often leave up to 15 seconds to the guy in front and still I get someone in the way ... that's frustrating.

1 mandatory pit I thin makes for better racing because you can use that stop to undercut or overcut if you're stuck behind a slower guy, or roll up the field if you got crashed out in T1, or leave the guy in front/behind guessing. Again, it adds excitement, it adds racecraft and it dampens the luck factor and rewards skilled racing. No need to change tires or refuel, just add ther mandatory stop.

For me +/- 10 laps with mandatory stop has been the best online racing experience, the most fun online.

Having said that, I do tremendously enjoy the 20mins daily series. Some great racing most of the time. Which is much to be said, a very rare thing to find!

Cheers

Chris

Messages In This Thread
RE: High Tirewear/Fuelusage Short Race Series? - by Chris Herrmann - 08-28-2019, 10:43 AM