Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Weekend Warriors suck !
THIS > "Here's how it goes....You qualify at a certain speed and start on the grid at that position. It is an "indicator" of what you can do compared to the rest of the field." < THIS

Yes! For this afternoon's qualifying at New Jersey I decided to only load up five liters / a gallon and a bit. Just enough for an outlap and two flying laps. I should have stuck with ten liters. Qualified 13 of 23, parked - not feeling like going out again - and fell to 16 by end of the session.

So I sat gridded waiting for the start and wondered if anyone behind me that, as Michael points out, were probably placed close to their actual ability, intended to storm toward T1 - as though the race is won there. I am not aggressive at the start, or at all really, but have had to learn to start really well and keep tighter than I like behind the pack in front - mostly to avoid being punted off track by an even less skilled "racer," behind.

It's the lead foots that have me thinking about joining a league, otherwise I'd content myself with these official races.

Messages In This Thread
Weekend Warriors suck ! - by Michael Butler - 04-15-2018, 12:00 PM
RE: Weekend Warriors suck ! - by Andy Rohrer - 04-15-2018, 09:52 PM
RE: Weekend Warriors suck ! - by Michael Butler - 04-16-2018, 01:13 AM
RE: Weekend Warriors suck ! - by Michal Janak - 04-16-2018, 05:08 AM
RE: Weekend Warriors suck ! - by Keith Gardner - 04-18-2018, 03:19 AM
RE: Weekend Warriors suck ! - by John Burrowes - 05-06-2018, 10:38 PM