Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Weekend Warriors suck !
Weekends are way more frustrating for me than weekdays....I get hit from behind so many times. Have you people ever considered actually "practicing" following another driver without contact? You "practice" at how many times you can hit somebody apparently. I hate that the entire weekend is ruined for clean racing by these weekend warriors that don't KNOW how to follow another driver to test his speed and braking points. Here's how it goes....You qualify at a certain speed and start on the grid at that position. It is an "indicator" of what you can do compared to the rest of the field. Do you think you can all of a sudden be faster during the race by driving like a dumbass?  The Tatuus series is a joke because these non driving SOB's don't know how to handle extra speed from a slipstream. It is ok to get passed, I will even let you go by if you're faster through that section of track and you do me the same favor.....i'm hating weekends for racing because of this behavior.
I was in the early morning race (in the US) yesterday and it was much cleaner than most of the Tatuus races have been. There was no first corner pileup and only about 20 percent of the drivers quit before the end, usually about half the drivers drop out in the first ten minutes. These cars are difficult for me to qualify in front with, but easy to drive and keep on track compared to the Lotus 25, I don't know why so many people go skidding off on the straights, even when they qualified pretty well. My incident average has gone up quite a bit in this series, I imagine Bridgehampton will be tough for anyone who doesn't qualify in the first row.
(04-15-2018, 09:52 PM)Andy Rohrer Wrote:  I was in the early morning race (in the US) yesterday and it was much cleaner than most of the Tatuus races have been. There was no first corner pileup and only about 20 percent of the drivers quit before the end, usually about half the drivers drop out in the first ten minutes. These cars are difficult for me to qualify in front with, but easy to drive and keep on track compared to the Lotus 25, I don't know why so many people go skidding off on the straights, even when they qualified pretty well. My incident average has gone up quite a bit in this series,  I imagine Bridgehampton will be tough for anyone who doesn't qualify in the first row.

I just run Bridgehamptom, qualified 3rd out of 20, some yahoo didn't realize to take a good slower lap and flow with the traffic first lap, wrecked me, 13th after fixing damage in the pits.
try to report, but it wil be only racing incident , it is worse and worse chance for clean race is smaller day by day
Yesterday in KTM 18 h race , I didn't want to qualify , to start from behind .
Race started , warriors start to spin on first corners,and mown grass , I managed to avoid that, but then I haved that "fast" drivers behind me and after that moment my plan for a clean race was doomed to failure.
Because discussing about incident is forbidden, I am not going to details, but yea :/

I mostly dive KTM in this series, this week is magione , 180 ° T1 , close to start, short track, mean lot of people with -1,-2,-3,-4,-5 and so on laps, even for best drivers will be tricky to finish race clean, because short track they will catch backmarkers soon
I'm a bit of a weekend warrior. Try to race during the week some, but time is a little more restricted. But, I'm not driving like a yahoo, either. There are some real yahoos out there once in a while. I've seen people obviously wreck into others in qualifying sessions. I just try to have some situational awareness and avoid these drivers.

I will say, if you are the more serious type, maybe you should just race in the hour long races. I'm sure there are many fewer "weekend warriors" in those races. I know I avoid them just because I'm not interested in racing for an hour at a time. Twenty minutes is enough for me. Maybe 2 or 3 a day if it's a good day. And don't get me wrong, a lot of those races would appeal to me if they weren't 3 times as long as the other races. Different strokes for different folks, I guess.

SRS is a neat place. There are rules to abide by. If someone does you totally wrong, there is a way to report them. Most of my incidents have been aggravating, but really just racing incidents. I've looked back at a couple replays when I've felt like I've been wronged and it usually doesn't look as bad on replay as it felt when I was racing.

Racing is competitive. People wreck into each other. I have seen reports of professional drivers racing online having incidents that are far from professional level. One could drive on a subscription service and have the same problems is what I'm saying.

I don't think anyone here is making their living by these races. If you are, let me know how! It's just entertainment. And this is about the quality of drivers you are going to get. Like it or not.
THIS > "Here's how it goes....You qualify at a certain speed and start on the grid at that position. It is an "indicator" of what you can do compared to the rest of the field." < THIS

Yes! For this afternoon's qualifying at New Jersey I decided to only load up five liters / a gallon and a bit. Just enough for an outlap and two flying laps. I should have stuck with ten liters. Qualified 13 of 23, parked - not feeling like going out again - and fell to 16 by end of the session.

So I sat gridded waiting for the start and wondered if anyone behind me that, as Michael points out, were probably placed close to their actual ability, intended to storm toward T1 - as though the race is won there. I am not aggressive at the start, or at all really, but have had to learn to start really well and keep tighter than I like behind the pack in front - mostly to avoid being punted off track by an even less skilled "racer," behind.

It's the lead foots that have me thinking about joining a league, otherwise I'd content myself with these official races.