Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ghost out cars spun out or re-joining track
Hey everyone - i know this is the sim racing system suggestion page but maybe a bit of noise here would let the developers see a much needed feature added to the game.

Yes I know this is a "hardcore" sim racing game -and community Wink - but I think it would be beneficial to have cars that have come off the track or have initiated into a spin to be temporarily "ghosted" allowing to re join and not disrupt the race as much. Most of the Incidents I have been in involve a car losing control in front of me causing a pile up across the track or forcing others to avoid by leaving the track and therefore having to re join etc. I know this isn't keeping with the "realism" of a sim race game but at the end of the day IT IS JUST A GAME so for the fact that lobbies are a very mixed batch of competency as far as racing ability and safe knowledge on flags, re-joining of the track etc I think this would be a good way to allow people to safely get back into the race without worrying about ruining the faster players laps or selfishly getting back into the race by forcing drivers that are flying towards re-joining cars to take massive avoiding actions.

Id say the car is ghosted when it is perpendicular to the track or when it has left the track and lasts for 5 seconds after the car has straightened up or has re joined the track would suffice. This is very similar to GT sport and it works marvels in that game to keep the race going for everyone.

Just my 2 cents worth so hope it catches on and we can all race safely and sportingly.

Messages In This Thread
Ghost out cars spun out or re-joining track - by Craig Robertson - 01-23-2021, 04:42 PM