Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Community question: Should you fight with faster cars when they come out of the pits
In my very little experience, I usually am the slower driver in every situation.
I tend to fight a bit, I'm learning to be safer in those situations even when I don't just give the position with no effort. If the rival is much faster than me, I defend for a couple of turns, sticking to my racing line until I find a good spot to brake a little earlier (if I see him attacking, I learned the hard way not to do that when he's waiting in my slipstream...) or a faster turn where I can take a wider line without losing too much to my real rivals (the drivers which are in my reach for their pace).
I usually try (in Assetto Corsa Competizione) to signal in some ways my intentions to the other drivers with turn signals, in the hope they get my intention to move sideways and let them pass. I know from experience that this behaviour can be misunderstood, but it works more often than not.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Community question: Should you fight with faster cars when they come out of the pits - by Andrea Piovanelli - 01-08-2021, 08:09 AM