Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Subject: Suggestion for a brand new SRS Series.
(07-28-2020, 08:09 PM)Dominic ORourke Wrote:  This idea sounds fun and could show who is best at adapting to new situations. I think the Isolation eRacing Series for real world drivers did this concept on iRacing for their most recent races; the drivers only knew the car and track combination an hour or two before the race.

I think from the technical side you would need to know the track before joining the race to make sure everyone has it installed and up to date, but maybe only release it an hour before? Another problem would be the potential for a lot of incidents if people get to a race not knowing if it goes left or right.

The execution and implementation might need some adjustments but I really like the concept! Great name as well!

[quote pid='40490' dateline='1595966943']
Hi and tks for the feedback.

Regarding the "technical side" you have mentioned, there's really a easy fix...On SRS forum there's a Thread dedicated to supply the links to all the tracks and car mods that are not included on the original Assetto Corsa. You just have to make sure to download all of it...and i'm sure most of SRS users have most of that content already if not all of it on their computers.
On the incidents matter...well the 5 minutes practice + 10 minutes qualifying sessions can give you the time to know a track in my opinion, if you haven't driven on it before and for those that had, well is just a quick adaptation i requiem.
Maybe a 300/400 minimum rating could be also a good idea. With that rating SRS have between 7000 and 4000 register drivers, so lots of people.

Cheers.
[/quote]

(07-28-2020, 10:17 PM)Russell Sobie Wrote:  If I got an hour of notice before the race, that'd be about as much practice as I usually have before each race each week, so this would pretty much change nothing for me. Big Grin

Sounds like a great idea for a closed league, and a nightmare of mishaps for something like SRS.

Hi and tks for the feedback.

Well, the "one hour before" would conflict with the core of this series goals, because as you've mentioned, people will be able to practice and prepared themselves in advanced.
This series would be aimed to racers with already a bit of experience and by using a 300/400 rating minimum i really don't think there would be anymore incidents than on the others series.

Cheers.

(07-29-2020, 09:58 AM)Donnchadh MacGarry Wrote:  This a pretty cool idea. I really like the name Inopinatus, sounds classy and sophisticated. The idea reminds me of the competition server for ACC, where sometimes the track is revealed only when the registration period for the race is over and the weather could be set to anything. I'm definitely one person who benefits from having a lot of free time for practice and setups at the moment, so a series like this would definitely knock me down the pecking order a bit I reckon.

Hi and tks for your feedback.

Oh yeh? Well, i don't use ACC that much...so i didn't know. I though i was being quite original lol, since it came from my on personal experience and testing. 
But that just confirms that it mite be needed and interesting.
In your case...you still have two great choices...or you choose to drive on all the other normal series with open setups...or you can join this ones to maybe test yourself in a different way, like your own adaptability, instead of setup making skills or your practice capacities.
Who knows, it mite make you a more complete driver... Wink

Cheers.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Subject: Suggestion for a brand new SRS Series. - by Afonso Quelhas - 07-29-2020, 05:10 PM