Sim Racing System
Formula 1991 - Printable Version

+- Sim Racing System (https://www.simracingsystem.com)
+-- Forum: Sim Racing System (https://www.simracingsystem.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Racing Series Discussion (https://www.simracingsystem.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=37)
+--- Thread: Formula 1991 (/showthread.php?tid=9011)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13

RE: Formula 1991 - Donnchadh MacGarry - 07-23-2020

Had a much better race yesterday then the previous week and was much happier with my pace. This was mostly due to me cheating my goal of creating my own setup from the ground up. I ended up using Simon Meisinger's setup that he threw up for the Ferrari, where I reduced the wings to FW=6, RW=1 and adjusted the gearing to the highest setting. I took a break for the weekend and only started practising late on Monday, so I didn't feel I had time to correct my mistakes from my setup for Okayama as I'm a bit slower then I'd like at that stuff. 
I was fortunate to make two places on lap 1 as Filip and Ted got into a tangle and I manged to take advantage without needing to do anything overly aggressive. Had some good pace in the mid section of my first stint, which caught me up to Michal. However anytime I was looking to get within a second of him, I kept making mistakes and dropped to being 2-3 seconds behind. Had a few incidents with traffic that cost me time, just was unlucky catching them at awkward corners. I think these time losses evened out for everyone over the course of the hour though so I'm not upset about it. With twelve minutes to go I accidentally made a corner cut on the last corner, which not only cost me time due to running on grass but also gave me a slow down penalty and cost me any chance of making a late comeback on Michal unfortunately.
Overall a fun race for me and I was very happy with 4th. Looking forward to Spa next week.

(07-23-2020, 12:05 AM)Andrea Aru Wrote:  I wanted to race today but it seems like new sol broke the mod, it took forever to load and i was getting single digit fps, but AC is fine with everithyng else. Has someone else exoperienced this?
I'm using Sol 1.6 and the Custom Shaders patch 0.1.61 with these cars and not having problems and I think those are the latest versions. By any chance are you using triple monitors with Nvidia Surround and have recently updated your drivers in the last few days? About three weeks ago I updated my driver's and I had huge problems running Assetto Corsa. My fps was dropping like crazy into single digits and the game would then crash saying my GPU overheated or was overclocked, which I knew it wasn't. Tested other games like Assetto Corsa Competzione, Automobolista 2 and Doom Ethernal and they all ran fine, so I had confirmation my GPU was still working. 

It was weird, some car and track combos crashed the game instantly while other combos sometimes worked and sometimes didn't. Loading a practice session would always cause an issue, but I could load a race against AI (always took two attempts for a track and car combo) and even ran one on SRS. 

I tried reninstalling AC without any mods like Sol and the shaders and yet my game still crashed as before, so it wasn't an issue with those. Started messing around with my settings and I found the following settings caused no issues:
  • Running in single monitor mode in AC, frame rate unlimited.
  • Running with triple screen mode in AC and Nvidia surround enabled, frame rate limited in game to 100fps (any higher and my fps would begin to stutter into single digits).
  • Running with triple screen mode in AC and Nvidia surround disabled, frame rate unlimited.
I have since only ran AC using the third option and have had no problems since. What I figured was that after the driver update, something to do with having Nvidia surround enabled and running AC on triples at above 100fps was causing a massive problems. My practice sessions normally ran at over 100fps so they always crashed, but races with a full grid normally ran for me in the 70's and thus were fine.

If you are not using triple monitors, perhaps try capping your frame rate using the game's settings as that might somehow work. Perhaps start from 60fps and work from that if you notice that helps. Try change shaders to 0.1.52 or 0.1.61 as I think they are the most stable of the newer versions. I found a thread on Racedepartment that didn't help me but might help you, https://www.racedepartment.com/threads/ac-startup-crash-gpu-failed.177970/ . They mention unticking the "Use DXGI flip model" setting in "Settings > Custom Shaders Patch > General Patch Settings", among other things.

Otherwise if you did update your drivers in the last week, perhaps revert them to an older version if possible. Or if you need to, try renistalling AC and testing it without Sol and shaders.

RE: Formula 1991 - Donnchadh MacGarry - 07-29-2020

Won't be able to race tonight unfortunately, somethings come up. Enjoy it without me and hope it goes well.

RE: Formula 1991 - Ethan Dean - 07-29-2020

Ditto for missing tonight, I need a break from SRS. Super fun couple of rounds though. ggs

RE: Formula 1991 - Simon Meisinger - 07-29-2020

I just quit my first race since years. The car felt perfect with low fuel and pretty good with a lot of fuel. But for some reason it was a complete unstable mess with medium fuel (30-50 liters).

And I also bumped into somebody in T1 for the first time since a long time as well. Sorry again, Filip.

Hope you guys had a better race. I actually enjoyed this car/track combination, but yeah.

RE: Formula 1991 - Michal Ringes - 07-29-2020

worst race ever, i was never so pissed off lol, never seen so much stupid shit in 1 race

RE: Formula 1991 - Dominic ORourke - 07-29-2020

Pretty different experience for me, generally everyone was careful and respected blue flags. I had a near miss coming out of Fagnes about 15 or 20 minutes in when the car in front spun, then a collision out of La Source when the car in front spun at the halfway point. Luckily it was on my in-lap anyway so the broken wing did not cost me too much. Everyone makes mistakes and I think the leader coming up quickly can cause people to panic.

The circuit required a very different setup and I ran 1-1 on the wings which I think a lot of drivers missed. Obviously it's easy to say when you win but I enjoyed the race. Michal was awesome in qualifying and I am very sorry for everyone who got caught up in turn one.

RE: Formula 1991 - Michal Ringes - 07-29-2020

well i was closing in eau rouge in first lap and wanted to be safe that i dont hit you on the exit so i got 10 sec penalty as a result, i slowed down lost some places but that was ok i was catching pretty quickly, but then shit started. Totaly unpredictable very slow cars everywhere, goin unreasonably slow in stupid places, not letting you go when there was good oportunity to let faster car go then making some stupid manouver to let you go when you were already overtaking them, slowing down mid eau rouge massively (that corner is full thottle)when i was coming very close behind, managed to avoid massive crash but got another 10 sec penalty, also hit someone who decided to slam brake on exit of stavelot. Overall pretty bad driving, very slow, unpredictable and very bad car control from a lot of drivers.
When a faster car aproaches you, you should let him go before the corner, the most stupid thing to do is not let him go and then decide you let him go after the corner by changing line, he is already closing trough the corner and on the exit he goes for overtake, but when you change line he is fucked. So if you do not wanna make room just go like you would normally, he will overtake you safely. Do not do unpredictable stupid shit where he has no chance to react to that in spots where he cant expect it. Also when you are 10 or more seconds of the pace you should maybe practice before you join race.

RE: Formula 1991 - Simon Meisinger - 07-30-2020

the "speed" of people through Eau Rogue was very weird, yes

It's very easy to go through there without lifting in these cars, but some even seemed to brake.

RE: Formula 1991 - Filip Stoyanovich - 07-30-2020

These cars had a huge bottoming out problem at Eau Rouge and would spin suddenly and without warning. So, probably not many thought of it but raising it by ride height and stiffer springs primarily at rear helped a lot overall to be able to run flat out.
Well, what can I say more about a mod with 1991 F1 supposedly aero-dependent cars that makes them go faster all around at Spa with 1-1 wings hahah aero-dependent. And go flat out through Eau Rouge. As my buddy said, this is more like 2000, not 1991 hahah there's a lot I'd like get fixing and adding in this mod, but anyway, I like this era cars and had fun mostly so far, offline or at SRS no matter what.

As usual I'm playing with this H-shift toy, and I chose a Benetton this time, purely because its power band on this track showed was better than what the Brabham had with same wings and gears. Several kmh more of top speed, even with slightly less power. No issues with tyres overheating. I needed less effort to run same or better laps in it. Which was opposite for Imola. They still cannot touch Williams, Ferraris or Minardis overall.

Had a good start but there's always crowd and misunderstandings in the sharp T1 at Spa. Went a bit wide to leave room just in case but endend up with a tap from the side and a half-spin, immediately straightened out back on the line, all courtesy of Simon's service. But don't worry Simon Big Grin I had some damage on both wings, but pace barely suffered, if at all. Didn't notice much difference from when I was practicing, so I decided not to stop early for repairs or even on the scheduled half race pitstop. The blue flags were respected by a lot of drivers, had very little issues and misunderstandings, but of course with huge pace differences, it must affect laptimes here and there. There was no direct racing for position the whole race for me, as everyone spread out a lot on track. Except there was a good chase towards the end by Michal who was in P3. It was obvious from qualifying that he had a blistering pace with Dominic close, but unfortunately what started good, then downhill, became a disaster of a race this time as I've seen. I didn't give it a proper 100% on my end, but in the light of all this, I really had a good race and rather unexpectedly finished P2.

Oh, btw, if someone finds the new Benetton's sound awful, I have this soundbank from an older ASR Benetton's version which was an awesome V8 Ford sound. Here's the link. Just backup the original files and put these in the benetton's \sfx folder https://drive.google.com/file/d/1JH-t4JXsqp0yGT5L1QrTHDieiZAT0uGz/view?usp=sharing

RE: Formula 1991 - Michal Ringes - 07-30-2020

you guys doing the wings wrong lol, i did run 9 front 5 rear and maybe thats why i was faster, 1 1 is some nonsense Smile