Sim Racing System
F3 on Zandvoort - Printable Version

+- Sim Racing System (https://www.simracingsystem.com)
+-- Forum: Sim Racing System (https://www.simracingsystem.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Racing Series Discussion (https://www.simracingsystem.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=37)
+--- Thread: F3 on Zandvoort (/showthread.php?tid=8988)

F3 on Zandvoort - Vasil Nikolov - 07-02-2020

The fixed setup of the car is pretty dangerous on this track! Mainly considering the ride height, its too low! To be fair I like the bumps out of the corners as it requires a more gentle application of the throttle, but on turn 4 it launches you in the air when going >200km/h. I tried different lines but it seems to be a large bump across the track. When my tires got a bit worn it forced me to go slower though that section and again launched me out of the track. I get it that if its a minor nuisance it's not a big deal but it ruins races. It's smack in the middle of the corner, you are turning with full throttle and steering applied > get launched > hit barriers,suspension broken, etc... Give it a bit more ride height pls  Big Grin

RE: F3 on Zandvoort - Ricardo Jantarada - 07-03-2020

(07-02-2020, 05:45 PM)Vasil Nikolov Wrote:  The fixed setup of the car is pretty dangerous on this track! Mainly considering the ride height, its too low! To be fair I like the bumps out of the corners as it requires a more gentle application of the throttle, but on turn 4 it launches you in the air when going >200km/h. I tried different lines but it seems to be a large bump across the track. When my tires got a bit worn it forced me to go slower though that section and again launched me out of the track. I get it that if its a minor nuisance it's not a big deal but it ruins races. It's smack in the middle of the corner, you are turning with full throttle and steering applied > get launched > hit barriers,suspension broken, etc... Give it a bit more ride height pls  Big Grin
Adapt Wink

RE: F3 on Zandvoort - Russell Sobie - 07-03-2020

The setup is a bit wacky for that track, to be sure, but really the only problem I had with the car was 2nd to last lap the tires decided to flip the switch on how much traction I had and put me into a wall. Luckily no one was around. That said, there's no easy way apparently to for a particular setup on a fixed server and also easily distribute said fixed setup to drivers for practice. So default setup it is, forever and ever!

RE: F3 on Zandvoort - Dominic ORourke - 07-03-2020

The suspension setup is definitely a long way from ideal but I think it is manageable. I'm a bit confused by where you mean by Turn 4 as I think Turn 4 is a slow left-hander. I assume you mean the section just after that (Hunzerug) and the main reason I am replying is to promise you it is flat out for the whole race. Keep as little steering angle as possible and trust it.

RE: F3 on Zandvoort - Mark Puc - 07-04-2020

Don't really have any trouble at all round there mate. I love the flow of this circuit, having driven it in real life is a slight advantage though :-) See you on track, cheers, AussieStig