Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
F3 on Zandvoort
The fixed setup of the car is pretty dangerous on this track! Mainly considering the ride height, its too low! To be fair I like the bumps out of the corners as it requires a more gentle application of the throttle, but on turn 4 it launches you in the air when going >200km/h. I tried different lines but it seems to be a large bump across the track. When my tires got a bit worn it forced me to go slower though that section and again launched me out of the track. I get it that if its a minor nuisance it's not a big deal but it ruins races. It's smack in the middle of the corner, you are turning with full throttle and steering applied > get launched > hit barriers,suspension broken, etc... Give it a bit more ride height pls  Big Grin
(07-02-2020, 05:45 PM)Vasil Nikolov Wrote:  The fixed setup of the car is pretty dangerous on this track! Mainly considering the ride height, its too low! To be fair I like the bumps out of the corners as it requires a more gentle application of the throttle, but on turn 4 it launches you in the air when going >200km/h. I tried different lines but it seems to be a large bump across the track. When my tires got a bit worn it forced me to go slower though that section and again launched me out of the track. I get it that if its a minor nuisance it's not a big deal but it ruins races. It's smack in the middle of the corner, you are turning with full throttle and steering applied > get launched > hit barriers,suspension broken, etc... Give it a bit more ride height pls  Big Grin
Adapt Wink
The setup is a bit wacky for that track, to be sure, but really the only problem I had with the car was 2nd to last lap the tires decided to flip the switch on how much traction I had and put me into a wall. Luckily no one was around. That said, there's no easy way apparently to for a particular setup on a fixed server and also easily distribute said fixed setup to drivers for practice. So default setup it is, forever and ever!
Tutorial on how to use Autodesk Mudbox and Adobe Photoshop to make custom liveries! https://tinyurl.com/yaetz4qz
Grab my PDash Skins (an Assetto Corsa HUD app) here: https://tinyurl.com/y95ewubz
The suspension setup is definitely a long way from ideal but I think it is manageable. I'm a bit confused by where you mean by Turn 4 as I think Turn 4 is a slow left-hander. I assume you mean the section just after that (Hunzerug) and the main reason I am replying is to promise you it is flat out for the whole race. Keep as little steering angle as possible and trust it.
Don't really have any trouble at all round there mate. I love the flow of this circuit, having driven it in real life is a slight advantage though :-) See you on track, cheers, AussieStig