Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
My very first SRS race
Good evening everyone!
Today I finally joined for the first time a Mazda Cup race at Brands Hatch and recorded it, using x-box tools with no edit to the footage: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EEXwLzehgXA
I was on server 4 and ended 2nd. I focused on avoiding risky situations and trying to be as clean as I could, even if watching the replay I noticed a lot of mistakes (the last one, getting the wrong racing line, has been fatal). I had so much fun though, and the race has been quite tiring, in a way, but it's always very rewarding ending a race with no major incidents.
Thanks to everyone who helped me in the last days with suggestions on how to improve my driving.
And congratulations to Marcus, who deserved the victory with his impressive consistency during the race.
Race number 2 just uploaded (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jM98r86PVCE): again I did my best to avoid incidents (I got 2, anyway...), for instance around ... (I'm sorry about that) I'm not really confident I can avoid, yet.
This time I was on server 1, and I wanted to try to force a bit more my driving. This caused a couple of undesired spins that, in the end, probably cost me a couple of positions.
Funny race in which most of the drivers are currently out of reach for me and, despite my struggles under pressure, I'm happy I didn't get involved in any incidents in the traffic during the first lap.
Incident discussion is not allowed.
Noted, I'm sorry.
It's impossible to answer withut specifics, but I cn tell you after hundreds of races I'm still learning how to avoid incidents.

What I would suggest is to approach every incident as if it was your fault. Even if the other guy came blasting up behind you without braking, ASSUME you did something wromg and look for ways you might have avoided the incident.

If you can't find anything different you could have done then your fate will be to continue having incidents in that type of scenario over and over. But you might be surprised to find there are a lot of situations where you *can* do some things differently, and your incident rating and race results will be better off because of it.
Thank you, in fact I'm usually watching these situations, and in general my errors (like late braking or when I accelerate too early), using the different cameras of a replay to understand what was the cause of me going so wide in a turn or why I lost control so easily (I'm learning tyre temperature is more crucial than expected).
I see I'm improving. Just driving behind some good driver for a couple laps (basically until I can be close enough to see when he brakes and when he turns) is even more useful than watching his replay. Just slowly trying to copy his style made me gain half a second.
I'm not just talking about your mistakes but about everyone's mistakes, and what you can do to prevent and avoid them.

We don't drive in a bubble.
I skipped Sentul, because I didn't have enough time to practice, and joined today's 5pm gmt race at Laguna Seca: Here's the footage: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TEBdyfurtkM (I raced on server 2 this time)
After a catastrophic first lap (incidents, spins, ... everything my impressive ability has to offer), I managed to mantain composure and find my personal race pace to recovers some positions.
Anyway, I'm still terrified about both attack and defense phase, meaning I don't feel comfortable / safe to be a little bit aggressive, not even when I know I could. Any tips on how to "grow a pair"  Big Grin ?
My fourth race was a bit emotional for me. I had good feelings after qualifying 2nd, but lacked a lot of care which cost me a lot.
Still, I had fun, now practice time again for the next race!
Congratulations to Mr. Hall and Mr. Padillo for taking the first two positions!
Here's the footage of the race: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UjQ1XWox00E

Hello everyone!
My racing mediocrity on SRS racing series is going to have a stop, because I installed Assetto Corsa Competizione and I'm trying to improve myself there, playing career mode and trying to learn the tracks in the game.
My two cents are: from the realism point of view, there has been a little improvement from the already impressive physics and car behaviour of the first Assetto Corsa; what I found exceptional is the graphics, they're really awesome!