Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Mazda 787b 1-hour Daily series (Starting November 16th 2020)
After three wins (not a lot, but with 6 races, 7 counting a retirement at Le Mans for two big crashes (spun on the last fast corner and, the funnier crash ever, going off the track on turn 4, crashing into a tree. I'm still laughing for this), i'd say that i'm satisfied about this championship. They were my first wins on 1h euro races!
I found the car really hard to drive on the limit for almost every single lap during the race, even with big setup changes, like those said by Austin.
The only track where i suffered a lot was Le Mans. I found the high nose "trick" only after my final race, on Sunday. It was harder than the Nordschleife!
Laugh at me, but if you stayed away from the kerbs, and you drove at 90% of your skill, you could get a good result. My result was a win, with no incs, and an immense pressure from behind.
I'd love to drive again this car online, i loved (almost) every single second of it

Congrats to Simon the championship win, in both Euro and Asia series!
(12-27-2020, 04:07 AM)Austin Ogonoski Wrote:  The killer strat, as it has been on SRS for several years now, is just running hards and taking 1L of fuel at the pit stop. It's kind of not fun but until they change fuel/tire rate this will continue to be an easy way to pull 18+ seconds on your competitors.

I have no idea why this series was 100% for fuel and tyres. Almost all of the other 1-hour daily series use fuel 200/tyre 170, and in my experience it works great. Why not use the same here?
because of this post: https://www.simracingsystem.com/showthre...2#pid43362

Congrats Simon on winning the championship! You were so right when you said you can forget winning it after not getting a 102 at the Nordschleife ;-)
Amazing list of awesome achievements: 5th Lotus 25 2018, 4th DRM 2019, 5th Williams FW14 vs. Ferrari 643 2019, 3rd Ferrari 312T vs. Lotus 72D 2020
(12-21-2020, 11:42 PM)Donnchadh MacGarry Wrote:  One thing to note is that Austin and Simon were about 9 seconds off from causing the race to be an extra lap, so maybe its better to use fuel for a 50 lap race just in case. The two of them were flying it and I'm not sure if they or anyone could have gone any quicker, so I think its very unlikely that a 50 lap race is possible, but it only requires 2L of extra fuel to be safe which shouldn't slow the car by a noticeable amount.
I stand corrected on this, Tadej managed to create a 50 lap race in the final MoSport event for the European series (he came within a second of doing so yesterday too). What an incredible performance to cap off the series.

(12-23-2020, 10:41 AM)Simon Speth Wrote:  Since those special track and car combinations are really what differentiates AC from ACC I would like to see some more road race mods like Feldbergring, Südschleife, Fonteny, or old Brno for more "old" cars like this. (Basically I was watching this https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCrxKo0A...pMiXRNvMSA yt channel and find its videos awsome, I dont mean we have to do the tracks in F1 cars lol)
For something very different to what is available on most other sims, I recently used the 1923 Grand Prix mods by Nicecuppatea, which go great with those tracks. Link: https://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/authors/nicecuppatea.464114/

I raced them in one of R-VR Closet's community race days. They were a load of fun as long as you adjusted to the non-existing brakes. Make sure to map a button to the horn as that was the most fun part of the mods. You can hear my dirty Irish accent in his stream of those races too, Link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yf0BkCYvheo
For me, yesterdays race was a proper goodbye to this awesome series and car. It was the best race i've ever had regarding the car, i was 100% confident in the car, i felt evertything it was doing, and what it was about to do.
Interestingly, on Saturday, my fastest lap was my last lap, i did it on 49 lap old tyres, with less than 10% thread on them.
I didn't get around to writing this the last day but I just want to thank SRS for running this series and also thank everyone for taking part. I had an absolute blast with this one and I'll miss it now that its over, although I do need a break from the late hour long races as I am normally a bit wired after them and can't get to sleep for a while. I think this is only my 3rd (or 4th) SRS series where I have done all 6 weeks. Normally I end up missing a week, joining a series late or leaving a series early due to real life commitments. So I made sure to make the time and effort to get all 6 weeks done here and it was really worth it. It was a series I was very enthusiastic about taking part in, I didn't do the 2018 one as I felt I wasn't ready to race those cars back then and I pretty much didn't race at all in 2019 due to a few reasons so I missed that series too. I'm glad my posts were (mostly) useful, I hoped that giving the information that I did early on would make the series a competitive one since everyone would have access to plenty of information. I think the highlight for me were the races at Le Mans, in particular the Saturday and Sunday races when I had a competitive setup. It gave me an absolute appreciation for that track since I hadn't raced it before and made me realise how difficult it must be to do a 24 hour event there, especially back in the era where the Molsanne straight had no chicanes.

I know I only focused on the Euro series, but I want to congratulate the podium finishers of all three series: 
  • Euro: 1st Simon Speth,  2nd Hugo Hekkenberg,   3rd Donnchadh MacGarry
  • America: 1st Austin Ogonoski,   2nd Emilano Videla,   3rd John Krahne
  • Asia: 1st Simon Speth,  2nd John Gibson,  3rd Jari Penttinen
(and yes, I may have chosen the top 3 instead of just the winners so I could congratulate myself, you can point and laugh if you want)
Gentlemen,
This series has been my favourite ever. The car is one thing, but the fact everyone shared setups and pit stop strategies and all that jazz meant average racers like myself were able to compete. It's a beast of a thing and indeed looking at the number of racers, it seems pretty clear to me that the difficulty level of a 1h race might make it a bit of a niche series. I ended up running alone for most of my races which is a bit of a shame because fighting for position in this car is something else. But I get it, it's tough to drive...
I mean shifting this thing with an h pattern and fighting the tail every time you come close to the accelerator made it all the more fun for me.
Anyways, thanks to SRS for providing us with these super niche championships and to you guys for making it interesting. Let's spread the word and get ourselves some new recruits next time such a championship comes by.
Ok, on to gt3s again.
And again.
Aaand again.
Aaaaand again.
Aaaahhhh

Cheers

yes, definitely one of the best series I had so far here, even though I couldn't attend all of the races
Amazing list of awesome achievements: 5th Lotus 25 2018, 4th DRM 2019, 5th Williams FW14 vs. Ferrari 643 2019, 3rd Ferrari 312T vs. Lotus 72D 2020
I tried to practice a little in this series, just to see if I could race in a track I know quite enough (Spa), but I failed to get to a point I was confident I could stay into the track for an entire hour. The tips you gave me have been so useful I can't thank you enough.
I enjoyed a lot of streams though, as a spectator I especially liked Nordschleife and Le Grand Circuit.
I join the congratulations to all the racers, not just the winners, because having the skills to join this kind of competition is impressive by itself, for me.