Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Kicked to desktop a few seconds after joining?
I've been trying to join the Porsche Cup race at Road America this evening, but the session keeps kicking me out a few seconds after joining. I have all the right content so I'm pretty sure it's not that. Anybody have any pointers?

I got in eventually, but only after several tries, and I didn't have time for a quali lap. Anybody know what might have been up so I can avoid it in the future?
Although you said you have the right content, I still have to ask: are you 100% certain you have the correct track version?
SRS updated Road America on their servers to the current version on September 1st.
Yeah, definitely have the right track version, I ran into that problem earlier today and fixed it then, although I'll try reinstalling it and see if it helps. Weirdly, it wasn't giving me checksum errors this evening; it would let me in and then freeze and crash a few seconds after I started driving. Never happened to me before Huh
Ok then. Did you notice this warning on RD on the track overview page:

WARNING
There are some issues with various 3rd party apps in AC that cause this track to crash due to the custom animations we are using. You might have to disable all your apps and turn them on one by one until you find the one causing the crash. Otherwise you can simply rename the extension folder that is inside the lilski_road_america track folder. This will disable all custom grass and animations but the track will load. Unfortunately we are at the mercy of the app developers to update their apps to support these newer CSP functions we are using.
Just saw a thread from a few days ago that makes me think it might have been an issue with the skin transfer app, which was another suspicion I had. I'll look into it!

I'll try messing around with my 3rd-party apps too, although I don't think that's the problem since I wasn't having any trouble in my offline sessions. Thanks for the help though!
My friend Mikko has been having exact same problem: can only join and stay on server late in the quali session. Earliers he gets thrown out after few seconds. So your problem is not unique. No idea how to fix it, though.
I had the same issue this morning. Reinstalling Road America v1.0 worked for me, although I am fairly sure I already had the correct version.
Hi, I have the same issue and I guess it's related to skin transfer. As I deleted the skin transfer app, no more crashes.
Until yesterday i got kicked just once and then was ok, today I had to delete the app because i was getting kicked 10 seconds after joining the server every time. Then I deleted the app and everything was fine.
Checking in task manager I saw that srsskintransfer.exe got opened like 5 different times. What Ilmari says makes me think once more the problem is skin transfer because the app tries to download skin until 3 qualy minutes are missing if i remember well.
Both SRS and skin apps haven't been changed (nor AC itself), so the problem is related to something else that has been changing on your installs.
Could it be something related to the combo car/track? On the server chat i saw quite many people complaining about this problem but I don't know if it is happening in other servers too.
Maybe something about any win10 update?
I never had this problem before and when i raced in the ktm gt4 races i had no problems, but it was like 3 days ago

What about this? Could it be the problem?

https://www.simracingsystem.com/showthre...36&page=24