Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
SRS server threw its dummy out today
Video 
Wierd issue, porsche gt3 server
>Watch video<
That happens very very rarely, yes. I had it twice in the last 3 years.

At least it's the same for everyone. If you're in the last grid row, just wait until everyone appears again, if you're in the first grid row, run like the devil. For everyone in between it's just luck if they get out in one piece or not.

I don't know if it's an AC bug or if it has something to do with SRS.
Amazing list of awesome achievements: 5th Lotus 25 2018, 4th DRM 2019, 5th Williams FW14 vs. Ferrari 643 2019, 3rd Ferrari 312T vs. Lotus 72D 2020
That happened to me too, once. Just like that, everybody disappeared, I got a drive through for jump start, then they re-appeared (I even slammed into one after I tentatively left the grid). In my case, only a couple of drivers were forced to drive through, in yours it was half the field.
Thumbs Up 
(10-21-2020, 02:28 PM)Simon Meisinger Wrote:  That happens very very rarely, yes. I had it twice in the last 3 years.

At least it's the same for everyone. If you're in the last grid row, just wait until everyone appears again, if you're in the first grid row, run like the devil. For everyone in between it's just luck if they get out in one piece or not.

I don't know if it's an AC bug or if it has something to do with SRS.
Ah i see, thanks for the insight. Yes a very strange unexpected issue,  which caused mayhem LOL

(10-21-2020, 02:31 PM)Simone Saviolo Wrote:  That happened to me too, once. Just like that, everybody disappeared, I got a drive through for jump start, then they re-appeared (I even slammed into one after I tentatively left the grid). In my case, only a couple of drivers were forced to drive through, in yours it was half the field.
Yes most of our drivers had to drive through. all of us trying to get thru the pits ASAP on the 2nd lap haha
all you have to do is wait for the lights go out then go, cars will apear right after that, the only problem is when people dont wait lights but start when the cars disapear or are so confused they wait cars to apear and start too late, that will cause massive crashes because the cars that are already going will reapear inside cars that waited for the lights infront of them or you can hit someone who did not start at the right time and apears directly infront of you standing still, so everyone who gets penalty for false start is kinda guilty of causing this mess everytime even when he is super lucky and did not hit anyone Smile
I've had this happen twice to me recently (within a week), I got lucky and didn't hit anyone, but this could potentially cause a major incident.
Someone once said me that it generally happens when someone (anyone on the grid) makes a jump start.

Yesterday it happened in the GT3 race (split 2) and I remember seeing someone jumping start behind me.

What I personally do is to keep on the grid spot until all the red lights go down to not get a game penalty.
Thanks for this info guys. Fortunetly it wasnt me with the early start, as you can see I only dropped the clutch once the lights disapeared