Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Skip race times ???
Exclamation 
Looking at the skip barber quali VS race times. What am I missing?
https://www.simracingsystem.com/lapscore...d=qsCzqNal
they cut part of the track, I don't know if it was on purpose or for a mistake
cut track, in my case it was not on purpose
Aren't you supposed to give back time gained? And how a cut track lap time can be valid ending up on the leaderboards?
Some tracks are just buggy and don't detect some cuts.

Giving back the time depends on the circumstances, if somebody would have actually gained something it would be a protestable violation and would probably end in a lengthy suspension.
Amazing list of awesome achievements: 5th Lotus 25 2018, 4th DRM 2019, 5th Williams FW14 vs. Ferrari 643 2019, 3rd Ferrari 312T vs. Lotus 72D 2020
(10-20-2020, 10:56 AM)Roman Smirnov Wrote:  Aren't you supposed to give back time gained? And how a cut track lap time can be valid ending up on the leaderboards?
No, you have to give back any advantage gained. Since this was quali and the lap didn't count, there was no advantage gained. The leaderboards count for nothing.
Likewise, if you cut the track and gained a position in the race you'd have to give it back, even if it slowed you down.
(10-22-2020, 08:55 PM)Martin Smith Wrote:  
(10-20-2020, 10:56 AM)Roman Smirnov Wrote:  Aren't you supposed to give back time gained? And how a cut track lap time can be valid ending up on the leaderboards?
No, you have to give back any advantage gained. Since this was quali and the lap didn't count, there was no advantage gained. The leaderboards count for nothing.
Likewise, if you cut the track and gained a position in the race you'd have to give it back, even if it slowed you down.

Those are race times, not quali.
Mika, you probably don't want to discuss incidents on the forum.

If this is in fact what happened report him.
(10-22-2020, 10:10 PM)Tim Cullingworth Wrote:  Mika, you probably don't want to discuss incidents on the forum.

If this is in fact what happened report him.

True.. edited my message. Anyway, reporting wasn't possible since I wasn't aware of what had happened until more than 48 hours later.
(10-22-2020, 09:52 PM)Mika Hakala Wrote:  Those are race times, not quali.
Oh. Guess I should have looked at the pic heh...