Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Setup Skipbarbe Summit Point
Good afternoon

Could anyone share a setup for the Skipbarbe at Summit Point?

A greeting
(10-13-2020, 03:30 PM)Jose Damian Wrote:  Good afternoon

Could anyone share a setup for the Skipbarbe at Summit Point?

A greeting
I'm very noob in setting up a car and i was hoping to learn a bit this time but theres not mutch you can change with this one. The only thing i did so far was braking ratio: 51% to the front and 80% breaking force. I'm not consistent enough yet to do proper tests with different setup combinations. 

I'm hoping someone will share tire pressures as a starting point.
Try this. I did a 1.25.350 with this one while hotlapping. I'm also a noob when it comes to setups, but maybe it works for you.

Attached Files
.zip   Maurice.zip (Size: 358 bytes / Downloads: 43)
I'm not gonna bother sharing anything because I'm a second too slow on this track. I just have no idea how to drive it. Tongue

Nah, just kidding. I'm 1.5 second too slow.
(10-14-2020, 07:18 AM)Steen Toudal Wrote:  I'm not gonna bother sharing anything because I'm a second too slow on this track. I just have no idea how to drive it. Tongue

Nah, just kidding. I'm 1.5 second too slow.

What? You're slower than me? That's not possible Wink
I absolutely hate this car/track combo. Sad
But for real, this is where new drivers learn the basic concepts of understeer/oversteer and weight transfeer on a racing car, me included. F3 seems easier for me than this.
The car is quite ok. Only the brake is a bit sensitive.

How is the setup guys? Did it improve your laptimes? I see 11 downloads, so a bit of feedback is welcome.
I was a downloader! I found it quite sensitive esp. on the throttle in the slow corners at the back of the circuit - I didn\'t get that close to your time with it.
Felt a lot more stable once I switched the ARB to very soft.
As a whole, I agree it's really tricky on the brakes at this circuit. I have a basic DFGT wheel but load cell brakes.
One thing I've wondered with this combo is how much it's worth busting a gut to keep the front tyres (esp. RF) up to temperature.
Tyres were pretty cold by midway through the race. Seems like it's only possible to get those tyres even slightly warmer with quite crazy levels of toe and camber.

(10-14-2020, 03:00 PM)Was Maurice Klerken Wrote:  The car is quite ok. Only the brake is a bit sensitive.

How is the setup guys? Did it improve your laptimes? I see 11 downloads, so a bit of feedback is welcome.
(10-14-2020, 03:00 PM)Maurice Klerken Wrote:  The car is quite ok. Only the brake is a bit sensitive.

the only thing im not using from your setup are tire pressures, the front height and anti roll bar made the car more stiff and oversteery and i like that. the tire pressures give an additional top speed on straights i assume, but I didnt practice enough to get used and was going off track too easily so put them back to default for today race, going to practice now with your tire pressures to see if i can make it work better and why.
the brake at 80% seems to be ideal for me
i also see you decreased camber a bit, going to try that too