Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ferrari 312T
Here are my setups from 2017 when we raced this car already.
Tracks included are Silverstone, Bridgehampton, Spa and Fuji

Attached Files
.zip   312t_setups_2017.zip (Size: 3.53 KB / Downloads: 42)
Amazing list of awesome achievements: 5th Lotus 25 2018, 4th DRM 2019, 5th Williams FW14 vs. Ferrari 643 2019, 3rd Ferrari 312T vs. Lotus 72D 2020
This is my setup for Spa from this season, I guess it should fit Imola and Barcelona as well.

Attached Files
.zip   spa_312t_meisinger.zip (Size: 544 bytes / Downloads: 12)
Amazing list of awesome achievements: 5th Lotus 25 2018, 4th DRM 2019, 5th Williams FW14 vs. Ferrari 643 2019, 3rd Ferrari 312T vs. Lotus 72D 2020
i see, really different from mine : ) i used less wing 5 3, barke bias at 53, also completelly different way more agressive gearing, i run the car a bit higher, negative toe, arb front 8 rear 2, and diff power at 85 %, overall mine setup is way more willing to turn by itself on entry and also on exits but also way more oversteery and overall twichy to the point that it will be undrivable for many people Smile you have to be really smooth with brake, relasing brake using throthle to make the car more stable when entering turn, and really carefull with throttle overall, if you mash it you will fly Smile
Negative toe but better turn in? I definitely have to try it your way.
I uploaded the setup yesterday for Michal but he wasnt too happy with it, he said it was spin fest Smile So here it is you can try https://uloz.to/file/jFFRdpGl8qF0/spa-zip
Your setup is much more stable and faster at the same time than mine Big Grin

Interesting that Janak thinks it's a spin fest, I'll use it for Barcelona with some minor tweaks.
haha ok so i will get beaten by everyone with my own setup then Smile i think it really depends on driving style if you gonna like the setup or not.
I forgot to throw the setup I used in the Fuji race here earlier this week. It seemed to be a very good one for me as I was much closer to Michal Ringes times in that race than in the other races and I had the 2nd best lap time in both qualifying and the race. I used the one Simon Meisinger put up in the forums for Fuji as the base and then made some edits, so he probably deserves more of the credit for it, especially for things like alignment, dampers, suspension and differential. I've also done that for the other tracks, so many thanks Simon. 

Here are the edits I made:
  • Front wing: I increased the FW from 5 to 6. For all the tracks so far I've increased the front wing in Simon's setup by one click as it gives me a little better turn while still not being over reactive.
  • Gearing: I increased the fifth gear from 22/24 to 25/26 which is basically one click longer. This gave more top speed on the long straight, which was really important when slipstreaming. I wouldn't hit the rev limiter when driving in free air, but as soon as I was following someone, this small change gave noticeable extra speed at the end of the straight and I would just hit the limiter before turn 1 which is ideal. This enabled me to make an easier overtake just before reaching turn 1. It also helped in qualifying, I was lucky to catch Michal Ringes slipstream for a speed boost.
  • Suspension: I increased the ride heights by 80mm at the front and 70mm at the rear (I thought I changed both sides by the same amount, only realised I hadn't when comparing the setups just now). This helped reduce grounding out the car around the big turn 1, so I didn't lose as much speed and the car felt more stable around that corner.
  • Tyres: For Fuji I used softs in qualifying and hards in the race. The pressures are quite different to the ones in the setup Simon put up in the forums, although I don't know what he used in the race. I tend to try and make the pressures run in the ideal green zone (reading the tyre apps) for the best contact patch during the race. In the cases where this makes temperatures run higher than ideal around certain sections (like in Fuji) I just put up with it and try my best to avoid any slides or lockups. Since pressures varied so much in one lap along this track, my pressures were about -1psi below ideal as I was coming up to turn 1 at the end of the straight and the front tyres were going to +2psi above ideal in the twisting sections of the track. Hards were much more stable/consistent, especially from lap 9 on, so that's why I ran the race with them. For other tracks where pressures don't very widely over a lap I've ran the race in softs. The setup is currently on hards, which is why there's a H at the end of the file name.
                      Soft:  LF =13,   RF=18,  LR=15,  RR=18,
                      Hard:  LF= 13,   RF =19,  LR=16,  RR=19.
  • Fuel: My biggest mistake. I used 41L which is enough for 12.4 laps as due to a mistake in my rounding I thought the race would be 12 laps and not 13. I should have used 45L.

Attached Files
.txt   312t_fuji68_meisingerBaseSetup_macgarryEditsH.txt (Size: 1.29 KB / Downloads: 12)