Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
GT3 - MP4-12C
Hi!
I wasn't racing for a few weeks. I couldn't compete in GT3 series before and I picked MP4-12C. I can't see anyone using it. Is that car slower or something than for example Ferrari? I lost much time at straights but I thought it's because of my setup.
Signatures? Like in good ol' days Big Grin
(10-01-2020, 09:31 PM)Dawid Jadwiszczok Wrote:  Hi!
I wasn't racing for a few weeks. I couldn't compete in GT3 series before and I picked MP4-12C. I can't see anyone using it. Is that car slower or something than for example Ferrari? I lost maaany time at straights but I thought it's because of my setup.

I've seem people using a lot the 650S and by the specs he is a bit lighter than the MP4-12C. I tested the 650S today racing in MoSport and I can tell you that the car is a beast with proper setup.
His only downside is poor power and final straight speed but you can still have a fight against other popular cars.

The other cars i've raced in this GT3:
Audi R8 2016 - Very good and balanced car for racing but somehow it didn't work for me in hotlaps/qualifying. The Ultra version is somehow slower.
Porsche 911 2016 - The car itself is very loose and unstable even with an understeer setup. It has a lot of weight on the front which is very good if you like to trailbrake.
With MP4-12C even if I could keep with all the other cars but Glickenhaus in the corners, the backstraight was a killer. I remember one lap when 911 was 0.5s behind me and ended like 1.5s in front in just one straight, where I think I had better exit. Looks like I have to give a try to that Porsche, it would suit MoSport perfectly! It's kinda sad, because I liked how that McLaren behaves in the corners.
Signatures? Like in good ol' days Big Grin
Yes the MP412c aka the photocopier is very slow, also consumes too much for its tank. It's one of the worst GT3 with the SLS, the R8 Ultra and the Glick (unless there are very long straights). All the other GT3 are viable and have their own strentghs.
(10-02-2020, 02:56 PM)James Blint Wrote:  Yes the MP412c aka the photocopier is very slow, also consumes too much for its tank. It's one of the worst GT3 with the SLS, the R8 Ultra and the Glick (unless there are very long straights). All the other GT3 are viable and have their own strentghs.
I choosed the Ultra in my first race because of it's high power and lower weight but I was fooled xD. The 2016 LMS is away better