Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Race event times display suggestion
Hi!

I usually find the Race Tab presentation, with the time countdown to the race, a little bit confusing when planning my racing day. I have to count the hours to the event, and sometimes I miscount and give or take one too many. That's why I tend to use the Daily Schedule; there I can see the time at which the race will begin and that's simple and plain to me. Good, now...

I was racing the other day the Tatuus competition and wondering why was the server pinging so bad (about 150ms). Other drivers were wondering too and SRS TV had to come in and make clear that we were on a USA server.  I hadn't noticed that. Then I learned about the flags pointing that out. It turns out that those flags only show on the Race Tab, and not in the Daily Schedule Tab, so I have a harder time now planning my races since I have to be shifting between tabs to make sure I join a european race. So my suggestion is...

To merge all this information in one page. I'm ok with the countdown and the flags in the Race Tab, now would it be possible to show there the time information? I mean, not only to show how long it's remaining until the race (4 hours and 15 minutes e.g.), but also show at what time the race is actually (15:00 e.g.).

I think this would be relatively easy to implement and would make race planning easier and clearer.

Anyway, thank you for the SRS and keep up the good work!

Javier
You mean this? it's been there since day one.
you do need to have your timezone set on User CP>Edit Profile>Edit Options>Date and Time Options

(07-22-2017, 10:41 AM)simracingsystem Wrote:  You mean this? it's been there since day one.
you do need to have your timezone set on User CP>Edit Profile>Edit Options>Date and Time Options

I didn't mean that, although that will help. I meant like the next racing time for that series on top of the countdown, so I can both see the countdown AND the next racing time all at once.

Anyway, thanks for the quick reply.
Those various times and dates means that everyday we have races at all those times? Do you have enough people in each? How this count for championship? Confusing...

Also, anything planned for rF2 in short future?