Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Just... stop scheduling the Nordschleife.
The title pretty much says it all.
Don't misunderstand: I have so much respect for the people who can turn in a good lap at this track.
The track is simply not suitable for this venue. It is the cause of more incidents and automatic suspensions than any other, by a wide margin. It is not a test of racecraft; it is simply a test of how much torture you can endure in sixty minutes. Personally I don't recall ever entering a race on this track in which I actually enjoyed myself; I was just there for the points to not fall out of a championship.
It's great to watch skilled drivers turn hotlaps, but it's just not good for racing, and it does measurable harm to the service by keeping drivers — good drivers — out of multiple championships when they have a bad race.
I know a lot of people will disagree with me and respond angrily to this post because I dared to besmirch the hallowed name of the Nürburgring Nordschleife. If you like the track, great. I'm not here to stop you, but I'm also not interested in hearing about it. Save it for someone who cares.
They call it the Green Hell for a reason.
Please. Just... stop.
⌈ zerøbandwidth autosports ⌋
https://twitch.tv/zer0bandwidth
https://youtube.com/c/zerobandwidth
"It’s Impossible To Please Everyone"

In contrast with you I don´t do 1 hour races Except when it is in the Nordschleife Big Grin
Just pay atention to Yellow flags and timing board or use the map to see if there is 1 or more cars stopped ahead.
Racing a championship in real life is like this, not all pilots love all the tracks, or the tracks suits good all the cars, AND since this is a simulator... I do´t see any problem  Wink
The track is great for a track day/testing, because it offers a unique challenge that no other track does.

But I don't think that it's suitable for races with modern cars. It has no space for mistakes, no escape routes, very tight middle sector with no braking references at all.... but of course, it's my opinion Smile I know many people that actually likes the track because, like I said, it's unique.

I would prefer the La Sarthe circuit (Le Mans) Tongue, I think it's more suitable for RACING.
I had a couple of very good races around the Nordschleife. And when it's just a boring race wihtout any fights, I still get to drive around the Nordschleife.

But yes, there are car/track combinations that are to be avoided. And Nordschleife + GT3 cars definitely is among them.
Amazing list of awesome achievements: 5th Lotus 25 2018, 4th DRM 2019, 5th Williams FW14 vs. Ferrari 643 2019, 3rd Ferrari 312T vs. Lotus 72D 2020
Enjoyed every lap in the races I joined here on SRS, planned to race 7 nights last week, got injured, right leg damage, so only two races done, but I hope I can do all 7 in the asia series - so please no, dont stop to schedule it Smile
(09-06-2020, 11:25 PM)Juan Caires Wrote:  I would prefer the La Sarthe circuit (Le Mans) Tongue, I think it's more suitable for RACING.
La Sarthe more often would be very nice, I'm in SRS for 3years and never raced at la sarthe I think. And is one of my favorite tracks
(09-07-2020, 10:14 AM)Duarte Luz Wrote:  
(09-06-2020, 11:25 PM)Juan Caires Wrote:  I would prefer the La Sarthe circuit (Le Mans) Tongue, I think it's more suitable for RACING.
La Sarthe more often would be very nice, I'm in SRS for 3years and never raced at la sarthe I think. And is one of my favorite tracks

I've never raced it on AC, only in PC2 (it is a default content) and rFactor 1 (modded track). I think that there is a good version of this track because I saw some guys doing the 24h virtual edition using assetto corsa.
The AC version of the track is... not the greatest. But I'd rather do that, yeah.
⌈ zerøbandwidth autosports ⌋
https://twitch.tv/zer0bandwidth
https://youtube.com/c/zerobandwidth