Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
DRS as in real life
I think it would pretty cool to have DRS working as IRL (only the following car under x seconds difference can use it). Is it possible in AC, with some mod maybe? It would create more overtaking situations making every race more interesting and probably less incidents mid-late race. If everyone uses DRS in the same point it becomes pretty mutch useless, just something we all need to do when we get there.
It is possible with ACP (ACPenalty).

Some time ago I was racing in another league and we did use the F3 RSS that we are currently using now. During the race, if you are less than 1 sec. behind the driver in front (as in real life), ACP will give you a sound alarm telling you that you can use DRS (it was like a "bip").
If you press it by mistaken/miss click you had 1 sec to flip it back. And if you use it illegaly, ACP will give you a certain amount of time penalty (on our case it was +10 sec. in race time - I think you can change this time penalty).
AC has no native way to do so, and that's the way we used DRS during the races.

In my opinion, since ACP is not a mandatory app to race in SRS, DRS should be disabled in all races because it doesn't make any diference, since everyone can use it with no restrictions (of course, in the DRS zone).
On the one hand, I like going as fast as the car can on a straight (i.e. use DRS whenever possible) but on the other hand just remembering to push a button every lap does seem a bit silly. Of course... on the gripping hand, you could argue that having to turn the wheel to the left every time you come up to a left turn is kind of the same thing? Big Grin
Tutorial on how to use Autodesk Mudbox and Adobe Photoshop to make custom liveries! https://tinyurl.com/yaetz4qz
Grab my PDash Skins (an Assetto Corsa HUD app) here: https://tinyurl.com/y95ewubz
(08-28-2020, 11:29 PM)Russell Sobie Wrote:  Of course... on the gripping hand, you could argue that having to turn the wheel to the left every time you come up to a left turn is kind of the same thing? Big Grin

Dude! Don't give away our secrets!