Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Point system based on rating of other drivers in race
(09-17-2019, 08:07 AM)Ivaylo Kolev Wrote:  Hi Chris,

"But that's cool in any case, just forget about championships and enjoy the racing. That's what almost all of us are here for, right? "

Championship is pretty much the main feature of SRS isn't it ? Without it, it is just some club races which you can get in any community organized races.
I agree, the few races I did were quite fun and clear, but so are the club races in RD. I like the championship as it brings some relation between the races a that's the main reason I came to SRS.
If 5 races per week are not enough for you, you can always participate in more series/sims. For me sometimes 5 races are more than enough.

For now, if the car/tracks suits me,  I will likely focus on AC series with less races where it is less likely to pick 5 AM race with 6 people. I am mostly interested in ACC series, so hopefully it will be supported in some time in the near future, but this is already a topic for a different thread.

Just shows that you can't suit everyone :Smile Iwould argue that organised racing in a fairplay envirnment is the main feature I found in SRS. Away from the public server madness where you make it round t1 once every 10 races. Here you make it around t1 "often" - which is as good as it gets in online racing.

I found that when I raced for championshop I enjoyed it a lot less cos I always just feared getting touched, catching up to a backmarker who will take me out, try to win driving as slowly as possible ... get that clean 102 and then don't race again - just in case. Instead of focusiing on the racing I just focussed on the points.

Each to his own I guess, others get the kicks out of the points - that's perfectly fine!

Several series at the same time is not really an option for me, for several reasons, including:

1) for me to compete for podium I need to practise - a lot. So if I participate in 3 series I spend almost the entire time practising on my own. However I like to race against others, that's what I came here for and what I enjoy most.

2) Time slots: I can't be present at so many different time slots - I have a family Smile

I'm just interested in fair racing: may the best man win. For me personally that's far more fun and interesting that competing for a championship which has relative value in any case.

But hey, if we can all enjoy our own objectives together on the same track: so much the better!

Cheers

Chris

Messages In This Thread
RE: Point system based on rating of other drivers in race - by Chris Herrmann - 09-17-2019, 10:00 AM