Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Point system based on rating of other drivers in race
Winning points from easy-win races compared to competing with high-rated drivers should probably not give the same amount of points? Have SRS any plans for this?
the problem with this idea, is that we want more people to race.
People would start making calculations before racing and decide if they race or not based on the opponents rating
maybe start slowly to increase points just a bit. e.g. add +10 points for winning races when average rating is high of top 10 drivers or something.
Yesterday I did first SRS race, was very good and clean, great fun.

But the first think I notice is the way points are awarded is really flawed.
I had to fight for 7th place out of 19. While next race at 5AM (gmt +2) had only 7 on the grid with 2 dnf, so just switch to grandpa mode, finish last and you already have 5th postition and more points.
I would understand for "People would start making calculations" but it is the same now, but in less fair way.
I searched to see if this was already discussed and here I am waking up this old thread for discussion again. I understand system is already in place for years and wont be changed just as I showed up, but I'd like to hear more experienced people and how this works in practice.
Agree.

Or you can just join races late at night when only a few people race and score a 102 win, even though you're barely in the top 10 of that series.
Amazing list of awesome achievements: 5th Lotus 25 2018, 4th DRM 2019, 5th Williams FW14 vs. Ferrari 643 2019, 3rd Ferrari 312T vs. Lotus 72D 2020
I agree too, but well, it was discussed a lot in the past and the change is not in our hands. But it's true, that it is unfair getting 102pts for the win while you race in 10 people, than getting 102pts when you race with full grid and even more servers.
NEVER GIVE UP!
[color=rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.87)]good morning to all.[/color]
[color=rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.87)]I hope you don't bother this question in this thread, would your understanding be possible?[/color]
[color=rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.87)]
Speaking of the rating in each race, it has not been clear to me the actual scores awarded by position.
I explain myself, for example on server 1 the scores would be these:

SERVER POINT 1: 102, 98, 95, 92, 90, 88, 86, 84, 82, 80, 78, 76, 74, 72, 71, 70, 69, 68, 67, 66
[/color]
[color=rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.87)]
If there were no incidents, what real score would be given for the rating increase ..... 1º 10,2? ,,, 10? and the eighth 8.4? ,,,, 8 ?.
It is not clear to me, if there is an accident, that score would be reduced, the resulting points would be those indicated to give the rating to the rating? 1st 102, an incident is reduced by 3 points, 99 increases the rating 9.9? ...... 9?
Forgive my awkwardness, excuse the inconvenience. Greetings and thank you for the great work of this SRS community, it gives me life, I thank you with all my heart.
[/color]
You need to decide if you want to race or if you want to compete for championships.

This current Mini series I have 33 vctories, 3 times as much as the guy at #1 and half of his are 7am races, 1 full second off the pace.

I have more wins than all other top guys have races!

Everyone in front of me in the standings I have beaten almost every time we race in this series, dozens of times each. In fact there is only 1 driver who has beaten me consistently whenever we crossed paths (he will win the championship deservedly) but I have no chance of a top 10 finish because I race too much. So one slipup and my average gets destroyed.

Last week for example I got 13 102s, all during "competitive hours", that's more wins than the leaders have for the entire series! But yes, of course I also messed up a couple of times and "only" got a podium finish.

This week again I have started with only wins. If I wanted to compete for leadership I'd stop and wiggle thumbs until Monday .... boooooooring Smile

I'm not complaining, I'm just trying to illustrate: you either come to race or you come to compete for the championship. If I wanted championship, I'd stop racing every Tuesday to make sure I didn't risk my precious 102. So to say that the system is designed to attract more people to race I think is not correct. It stops me from racing unless i don't care about competing.

Also to say the system prevents people from cherry picking is not correct. It's exactly what people do! People try to get the easiest 102. Not all but some, again giving more merit to those that don't without it being reflected in points.

If we really wanted to see who has performed best we would need to calculate who we won ior lost against. In the top 25 I have beaten every driver coonsistently except for 1. If that was reflected in the stadnings I would be second.

But that's cool in any case, just forget about championships and enjoy the racing. That's what almost all of us are here for, right? Smile I'm way more worried about having a clean racing experience (or as clean as humanly possible) and SRS offers that to me. That's why I'm here. And thanks SRS for providing that! Smile

Cheers

Chris
Hi Chris,

"But that's cool in any case, just forget about championships and enjoy the racing. That's what almost all of us are here for, right? "

Championship is pretty much the main feature of SRS isn't it ? Without it, it is just some club races which you can get in any community organized races.
I agree, the few races I did were quite fun and clear, but so are the club races in RD. I like the championship as it brings some relation between the races a that's the main reason I came to SRS.
If 5 races per week are not enough for you, you can always participate in more series/sims. For me sometimes 5 races are more than enough.

For now, if the car/tracks suits me, I will likely focus on AC series with less races where it is less likely to pick 5 AM race with 6 people. I am mostly interested in ACC series, so hopefully it will be supported in some time in the near future, but this is already a topic for a different thread.
(09-17-2019, 08:07 AM)Ivaylo Kolev Wrote:  Hi Chris,

"But that's cool in any case, just forget about championships and enjoy the racing. That's what almost all of us are here for, right? "

Championship is pretty much the main feature of SRS isn't it ? Without it, it is just some club races which you can get in any community organized races.
I agree, the few races I did were quite fun and clear, but so are the club races in RD. I like the championship as it brings some relation between the races a that's the main reason I came to SRS.
If 5 races per week are not enough for you, you can always participate in more series/sims. For me sometimes 5 races are more than enough.

For now, if the car/tracks suits me,  I will likely focus on AC series with less races where it is less likely to pick 5 AM race with 6 people. I am mostly interested in ACC series, so hopefully it will be supported in some time in the near future, but this is already a topic for a different thread.

Just shows that you can't suit everyone :Smile Iwould argue that organised racing in a fairplay envirnment is the main feature I found in SRS. Away from the public server madness where you make it round t1 once every 10 races. Here you make it around t1 "often" - which is as good as it gets in online racing.

I found that when I raced for championshop I enjoyed it a lot less cos I always just feared getting touched, catching up to a backmarker who will take me out, try to win driving as slowly as possible ... get that clean 102 and then don't race again - just in case. Instead of focusiing on the racing I just focussed on the points.

Each to his own I guess, others get the kicks out of the points - that's perfectly fine!

Several series at the same time is not really an option for me, for several reasons, including:

1) for me to compete for podium I need to practise - a lot. So if I participate in 3 series I spend almost the entire time practising on my own. However I like to race against others, that's what I came here for and what I enjoy most.

2) Time slots: I can't be present at so many different time slots - I have a family Smile

I'm just interested in fair racing: may the best man win. For me personally that's far more fun and interesting that competing for a championship which has relative value in any case.

But hey, if we can all enjoy our own objectives together on the same track: so much the better!

Cheers

Chris