Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Point system based on rating of other drivers in race
You need to decide if you want to race or if you want to compete for championships.

This current Mini series I have 33 vctories, 3 times as much as the guy at #1 and half of his are 7am races, 1 full second off the pace.

I have more wins than all other top guys have races!

Everyone in front of me in the standings I have beaten almost every time we race in this series, dozens of times each. In fact there is only 1 driver who has beaten me consistently whenever we crossed paths (he will win the championship deservedly) but I have no chance of a top 10 finish because I race too much. So one slipup and my average gets destroyed.

Last week for example I got 13 102s, all during "competitive hours", that's more wins than the leaders have for the entire series! But yes, of course I also messed up a couple of times and "only" got a podium finish.

This week again I have started with only wins. If I wanted to compete for leadership I'd stop and wiggle thumbs until Monday .... boooooooring Smile

I'm not complaining, I'm just trying to illustrate: you either come to race or you come to compete for the championship. If I wanted championship, I'd stop racing every Tuesday to make sure I didn't risk my precious 102. So to say that the system is designed to attract more people to race I think is not correct. It stops me from racing unless i don't care about competing.

Also to say the system prevents people from cherry picking is not correct. It's exactly what people do! People try to get the easiest 102. Not all but some, again giving more merit to those that don't without it being reflected in points.

If we really wanted to see who has performed best we would need to calculate who we won ior lost against. In the top 25 I have beaten every driver coonsistently except for 1. If that was reflected in the stadnings I would be second.

But that's cool in any case, just forget about championships and enjoy the racing. That's what almost all of us are here for, right? Smile I'm way more worried about having a clean racing experience (or as clean as humanly possible) and SRS offers that to me. That's why I'm here. And thanks SRS for providing that! Smile

Cheers

Chris

Messages In This Thread
RE: Point system based on rating of other drivers in race - by Chris Herrmann - 09-17-2019, 06:39 AM