Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sceen/VR pauses when people join or leave
Ive been having this issue where the image freezes every time someone joins or leaves a race. Started happening approx a month ago. It freezes and hour glass sysmbol shows.  Caused some crashes in race. Very bad. Any one else?
How long is the freeze? In my estimate it has been a little more than a month that I've seen hangs for 0.5 to 1.5 seconds long, not when people part or join, but when SRS Skin App finishes a download of a custom livery. This happens to me whenever there are skins to grab, and never happens when there are not. I also think it has something to do with using the Custom Shader Patch and/or Sol mods.

I've never seen an hour glass or had a crash (other than me crashing into a wall because I was going through a high speed turn when it happens and I put the car into a wall. Big Grin
Tutorial on how to use Autodesk Mudbox and Adobe Photoshop to make custom liveries! https://tinyurl.com/yaetz4qz
Grab my PDash Skins (an Assetto Corsa HUD app) here: https://tinyurl.com/y95ewubz
I've noticed the Skin App freezes (so have many other people) but not any freezing because someone joined or left the session. I did go off track late in a race last night because of some screen freezing, that others in the race also experienced. Don't know if anyone left the session at that time.
The freeze lasts approx. .5-1 sec, and only happens early, (as people join) or later (when people are leaving. During the race, ill get an occasional stutter, but not the same as I am describing. Are you both in vr or screens? I am on the oculus rift s. May be an isolated issue with vr.??
Single screen here. But again, I don't think we are seeing the same issue. I only see it at the start, and only when there are skins to grab. I typically stay until the last car crosses the line in case I want to record replays, so if I was getting what you are getting, I'm sure I would have seen lots of hitches on folks leaving the server.
Tutorial on how to use Autodesk Mudbox and Adobe Photoshop to make custom liveries! https://tinyurl.com/yaetz4qz
Grab my PDash Skins (an Assetto Corsa HUD app) here: https://tinyurl.com/y95ewubz
Oculus Rift user here, I also have that problem but for me only occurs the first 2-10 seconds after joining the server. I always thought that it was a problem on my side but the theory about the skin download process make sense  because it only happens sometimes for me. I will check it the next time.
Oculus Rift S user here, and I have the same issue as described above. It lasts about half a second and the display glitches out and rebuilds the world, one layer at a time (black, sky box, track, lighting). Seems to happen whenever someone joins the server, so it's only usually an issue during the practice time. You're still in control of the car though, so if you know the track, just keep driving ?
Wow. Seems like there may be a few different types of issues. When my screen freezes, I can also still hear and control the vehicle, and try to be safe about it, by slowing down and/or going off track, but it will cause a big wreck eventually. Need to look into it and will report any further findings.
I'm using the Oculus Riff, I believe the issue I'm talking about is also related to CSP (& SRS Skin app) together. I'm gonna Disable CSP, the next time I race on SRS, just to see if anything is different.
(05-05-2020, 01:54 PM)Jay Gabriel Wrote:  I'm using the Oculus Riff, I believe the issue I'm talking about is also related to CSP (& SRS Skin app) together. I'm gonna Disable CSP, the next time I race on SRS, just to see if anything is different.

Ill give that a shot as well trying to go into a race with a basic settings as possible.  During my SRS race last night, I turned on the render stats app, and I noticed frame dips from time to time while driving.  Going to try various asw settings as well.