Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Track surface on hot lap to prepare a setup for the race?
When you are doing some laps to prepare a setup for a race what 'track surface' you choose?
Yesterday I did some hot laps on 'optimal surface' to do a setup for the Corvette a little loose but was manageable and fast... But then when the race started it was like I was on a drift competition  Undecided
I practive with 100% grip. It can be tricky in quali if the track is longer or there are fewer cars, but usually it grips up fast enough in the race.
track: optimum (100% grip)
temp: 22c (road 28c)
clock: 14:00 (if that even matters other than visually)
tyreblankets: on
wind: 0

thats the settings i use , you have to deal with less grip in qualy and even some race starts like at nordschleife other than that it feels pretty similar.
At the start of the race the track quality is at 100% as it's carried over from the qualifying. Only at the start of the qualifying it's at around 95-97%
Amazing list of awesome achievements: 5th Lotus 25 2018, 4th DRM 2019, 5th Williams FW14 vs. Ferrari 643 2019, 3rd Ferrari 312T vs. Lotus 72D 2020
not true, nordschleife doesnt start the race at 100% not sure about le mans but nordschleife for sure isnt at 100, think it was 96 for the gt3's last time.
but im also talking 1hour long races, the 20min races have the race start at 100%.
Ok thanks for the responses. I was almost sure that the race doesn't start at 100% at least the c6r series. How or were can you see that?
I will pay more attention next race.
if you use the app race essentials you can see it on the bottom right on the app: https://www.assettocorsa.net/forum/index...4-9.41103/
dont know if there is another app that shows the grip level.
(04-28-2020, 04:21 PM)Fredrik Söderstedt Wrote:  not true, nordschleife doesnt start the race at 100% not sure about le mans but nordschleife for sure isnt at 100, think it was 96 for the gt3's last time.
but im also talking 1hour long races, the 20min races have the race start at 100%.

oh yeah, true, it depends on the number of laps people do during qulifying to make it go up to 100%

tracks like the Nordschleife are just too long to make it go up that much
Amazing list of awesome achievements: 5th Lotus 25 2018, 4th DRM 2019, 5th Williams FW14 vs. Ferrari 643 2019, 3rd Ferrari 312T vs. Lotus 72D 2020
You can see it also in lobby, top left in the session info.

I think it does carry over from the Q but sometimes you don't get to 100% (long or less populated races). I'm pretty sure that one early Skippy race at Summit Point had something like 98 at the start and there were like 6 or 7 of us.

I wouldn't mind if we start all short races at 100% every session. IMO it doesn't make too much sense to have track evolution usually only in qualifying. And maybe save 90something % for 1h races where the race itself starts at that and it doesn't carry over from Q. I know, I know, it's not like that in the real life, but IMO it would be better. But that's probably just me. Than again, we come back to the same old story which is mentioned at least once a month - level of preparation of some people is worryingly low, so it could be too risky to complicate things even more.
Starting the practice/qualifying at less than 100% doesn't make any sense given the extremely wide range of skill levels in SRS races. Seems like the easy thing to do is make it Optimal all the time so that greener drivers can practice offline under the same exact situation through qualifying to the race. Bonus points for the fact that longer tracks or races with 6-9 drivers in them get to race on 100% immediately.

Trying to simulate "real world conditions" for a ramp up in road conditions during qualifying seems punishing for no real benefit to everyone on the server.
Tutorial on how to use Autodesk Mudbox and Adobe Photoshop to make custom liveries! https://tinyurl.com/yaetz4qz
Grab my PDash Skins (an Assetto Corsa HUD app) here: https://tinyurl.com/y95ewubz