Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Behaviour on the server
Hey guys,
today i saw something which really bothered me. Someone registered for the Lotus 98T race and got a place in the top split. 
After the Qualysession he then said in the chat, that the car is shit/bad/terrible. 
Based on just that sentence i can probably tell he didnt't put a single second of practice into driving this car. Also his laptime showed it. 
Why would you register for a race with a car you obviously didn't drive before? 
You just robbed someone a place in the top split who most likely practiced for this race. 
Just to tell the chat you think the car is shit. Didn't see if he actually started the race.
what an idiotic thing to do

one more reason for some kind of mandatory practice to be able to join races
Amazing list of awesome achievements: 5th Lotus 25 2018, 4th DRM 2019, 5th Williams FW14 vs. Ferrari 643 2019, 3rd Ferrari 312T vs. Lotus 72D 2020
Well, its pretty clear from Q times that many drivers did not practice too much, If the 107% rule aplied more than half of the field would not qualify.. because being 10s and more off the pace. Its problematic because the speed difference is so high that this causes a lot of unpredictability, drivers brake in spots where you dont expect them to brake with this car (copse corner, t1 and such), Q is just a lottery who gets lucky to have clean lap, and in fast corners you just pray that the guy infront wont brake because then you cant really do much.
If the 107% rule applied, only 9 people would have qualified Big Grin

There were people who obviously didn't know about the boost setting in those cars, which is an obvious sign that they didn't spend much time practicing.

But the race was surprisingly good regarding backmarkers, I'd say.
Amazing list of awesome achievements: 5th Lotus 25 2018, 4th DRM 2019, 5th Williams FW14 vs. Ferrari 643 2019, 3rd Ferrari 312T vs. Lotus 72D 2020
I thought the OP was going to be about me. I registered for the race, I'd obviously be put on server1 given my rating, and after about 15 minutes of trying to tame this silly thing I decided I wasn't up for it and quit.

Except I hit the Quit button on the registration page 10 minutes before the practice session on the server started. Like a sane person.
Tutorial on how to use Autodesk Mudbox and Adobe Photoshop to make custom liveries! https://tinyurl.com/yaetz4qz
Grab my PDash Skins (an Assetto Corsa HUD app) here: https://tinyurl.com/y95ewubz
(04-24-2020, 10:11 PM)Russell Sobie Wrote:  I thought the OP was going to be about me. I registered for the race, I'd obviously be put on server1 given my rating, and after about 15 minutes of trying to tame this silly thing I decided I wasn't up for it and quit.

Except I hit the Quit button on the registration page 10 minutes before the practice session on the server started. Like a sane person.

No haha and i won't call the person out. But ye. That is the reasonable thing to do.
The ones that get me, are the racers who on the start line ask how much fuel they need. You only need to do two laps and the pit setup screen will tell you!
That thing is a bit inaccurate tho. Install the ACRLFuel app. It will tell you to the second how much fuel you use based on a couple of laps. Just add fuel until you are at 20 minutes + 1 of your laps.

Your point still stands, however. I mean... how hard is it to do 2 laps off line?
Tutorial on how to use Autodesk Mudbox and Adobe Photoshop to make custom liveries! https://tinyurl.com/yaetz4qz
Grab my PDash Skins (an Assetto Corsa HUD app) here: https://tinyurl.com/y95ewubz
Well the time difference in split 1 can be up to 5 seconds in some races, 3sec regulary. So if we enabled some sort of prequalifying, there would be like 8 cars in the whole lineup.
Most ppl practice in qualify anyway.
See you on track ~S!~ Big Grin
(04-25-2020, 08:24 AM)Maciek Sobczak Wrote:  Well the time difference in split 1 can be up to 5 seconds in some races, 3sec regulary. So if we enabled some sort of prequalifying, there would be like 8 cars in the whole lineup.
Most ppl practice in qualify anyway.

Well it is fine to do that in some cars. 
But you need practice in the 98T. Can't just join the server and hope for the best. You are dangerous to other people. That can't be tolerated