Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lotus 98t
(05-03-2020, 07:57 PM)Simon Meisinger Wrote:  That was real great behavior of the backmarkers in today's race.

I was chasing Marco within a second when we ran up to three of the backmarkers who were also fighting for themselves but they let us through savely and without making us lose too much time.

And in general it was a very clean race, which is quite astonishing given how close everything was in general and how difficult those cars are. One of the best sim races I had so far, quality wise.
Yes, lapped cars today much better then usualy, only i let battle 2 cars at end , as i had 10s gap to car behind me, then they touch at last chicane and then one spinned and 2nd let me overtake then

If race was clean , maybe not major crashes but only one car with 0 incidents in this race , but in iveral one of better races,

only shame i had spoiled best laps in Q where was big difference between times and at last possible lap with green delta i was blocked by too slow car who ten block me as not want to be overtaken
Given that a brush with a wall, a car brushing your side as he/she squeezes past are considered incidents and given the dangerous curbs at Montreal I think a 0 incidence rate for any driver is very good. I am following Simon's opinion of that being "One of the best sim races I had so far, quality wise." BTW I only saw a blue flag flash momentarily once - I had to rely on the track map & leaderboard for who was approaching behind.
I realize that you fast guys are not used to the appearance of blue flags Smile
Have to say that Ivan and Simon both have beautifull paintjob on their cars, both fitting the car very nicely, its really pleasure to watch.
thanks, feel free to stay behind me in the next race so you can enjoy it Big Grin

the race today was alright again, considering the car/track-combination, I think I had only two or three laps without backmarkers, but the majority of them behaved nicely

But it's really not a good track to race those cars. I was following Mikko for a couple of laps and was around a second faster but there was just no way I could get past him (in the end that didn't matter though because i was stupid enough to spin twice in the corkscrew).

Would be a real pleasure to race those cars with only a couple of Michals, Teds, Ivans, Marcos and Anthonys on track (and anybody else who manages to keep it on track and stay within the 107% rule).
Amazing list of awesome achievements: 5th Lotus 25 2018, 4th DRM 2019, 5th Williams FW14 vs. Ferrari 643 2019, 3rd Ferrari 312T vs. Lotus 72D 2020
Yeah this track isnt easy with this car, there are many places when it can go very wrong very fast. And for overtakes you can always try Zanardi move into corkscrew Smile, t1 is doable on the outside and going uphill after both of those fast left corners also doable, also last corner can be done Smile
(05-08-2020, 09:26 PM)Michal Ringes Wrote:  Yeah this track isnt easy with this car, there are many places when it can go very wrong very fast. And for overtakes you can always try Zanardi move into corkscrew Smile, t1 is doable on the outside and going uphill after both of those fast left corners also doable, also last corner can be done Smile
i was doing my practising with the car during quali and the race. Binned it twice and gave up. Blush
I've done a quick vid for those who were struggling, hope it helps as the spread of the field was really quite large......

https://youtu.be/wYjSvOdxTc0

(still uploading, should be up in 10 mins)
i'm not saying that in a negative way, i'm just curious to know why - so hopefully this video helps people and if you're not sure what you're doing wrong feel free to post a replay of your own videos or something and maybe i could point out where some of you might be going wrong.
Don't think i'll be doing tomorrows as it clashes with FW31 iracing but i'll try and beat Michal on Sunday if you're around  Big Grin
Super helpful video, Ted. You certainly make it look easier than it would be for me in your vid! I was like "hey, I don't have anything going on this afternoon, I'll do a Lotus race!" and then I saw it was Laguna Seca and immediately decided staying away would be the smarter play.

Unfortunately it is my long standing hypothesis that the majority of people that should be reading these forums don't. Sad
Tutorial on how to use Autodesk Mudbox and Adobe Photoshop to make custom liveries! https://tinyurl.com/yaetz4qz
Grab my PDash Skins (an Assetto Corsa HUD app) here: https://tinyurl.com/y95ewubz
Quote:Have to say that Ivan and Simon both have beautifull paintjob on their cars, both fitting the car very nicely, its really pleasure to watch.
Thanks, it seems i should spend more time in the track and less in the Gimp Big Grin . Field spread is a problem in these cars, specially on short tracks when qualifying, this time was about two laps to catch first lapped cars, i have lots of luck and finish second so no complains for this time Smile
Keeping the turbo under control is really important, you wanna have it on the exits already going or you will be slow but you have to control the throttle so you dont get massive kick when still turning.