Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lotus 98t
What's your approach regarding top speed? I have my final gear set up for 315 km/h at the moment, my real top speed at 80% boost is around 300 km/h.
But with a low downforce setup it should be much faster on the straights. I'm yet to test that though.

And don't forget to practice your starts with that car. Big Grin
Amazing list of awesome achievements: 5th Lotus 25 2018, 4th DRM 2019, 5th Williams FW14 vs. Ferrari 643 2019, 3rd Ferrari 312T vs. Lotus 72D 2020
Depends on track really, with 100 % boost on some tracks you wanna be able to do 350 other tracks 300 -320. With lower boost it will be lower ofc. This car can be set in a lot of different ways and resulting laptimes will be simmilar. From heavilly oversteering to understeering, with high top speed to lower top speed and better cornering perf. You should set the car so that it suits your driving style and its possible to do consistent laps.
yeah, I was talking about Silverstone of course

the car feels like it generates much more downforce than the Williams FW37, or am I wrong? feels heavily planted as long as you're above 200 km/h (at medium and high downforce at least)
Amazing list of awesome achievements: 5th Lotus 25 2018, 4th DRM 2019, 5th Williams FW14 vs. Ferrari 643 2019, 3rd Ferrari 312T vs. Lotus 72D 2020
Yeah, downforce is strong with this one, the faster you go the more downforce, but there is is thin line between planted and launching to the moon Smile For Silverstone WR is done with topspeed of 319kmh, and that is with 10 C air temp which gives a way more engine power than 22 C as set on race server. So the top speed will be lower and laptimes will be way higher (many seconds) because those best laps are done by crazy people who have driven 20 times the earth-moon distance in their career Smile
Does air temp really matter in AC, engine-wise? Never really thought about it, I just assumed it dictates how the track temp change.
It does. that is why all the best laps are done at 10 C. You get a bit more engine power and higher topspeed.
Hey, you're the second fastest on RSR with that combo!

… and on all the other tracks we'll race this season as well, damn you're busy Big Grin
Well not anymore Smile i realized its not sustainable to get all the wr and then look next morning and be second, and again and again especially when the diference gets to thousands of a second, and every improvement takes hours. Took me about a year to realize that Jakub really wants to hold all of those. And also after some update, nonsence cut times started to be possible so there is not really much point anymore to try.
That was real great behavior of the backmarkers in today's race.

I was chasing Marco within a second when we ran up to three of the backmarkers who were also fighting for themselves but they let us through savely and without making us lose too much time.

And in general it was a very clean race, which is quite astonishing given how close everything was in general and how difficult those cars are. One of the best sim races I had so far, quality wise.
Well its a bit of a lottery all the time, mostly people try to make room but still the race is heavilly affected by big speed difference, it may seem safe to go for corner when you see fast car aproaching 200 metres behind, but if you brake 100 metres too early he will catch you even before you get to the corner. So for next race guys please practice a bit, i do get that not everyone will be super fast but at least try using somehow correct braking points. Its ok to break early (10-20m) but not really 100 metres. Also trying to make space in fast corners by slowing down in racing line is not the correct way to do it, the fast car doesnt expect you to slow down, he is trying to get close so he can overtake after the corner and in racing speeds there is only 1 line that is doable so if you slow down there is high chance he will just collect you without having any chance to do anything.