Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Tuning Setups for fellow racers in need
(11-12-2019, 09:51 AM)Tobias Puell Wrote:  Nice idea!

But many racers don't practise a track much before the races, maybe a few laps. Therefor the setup is secondary...

In Cayman GT4 last week @ sebring was an ingame chat (top split Confused) like "dunno this track, dunno what i'm doing here, hope to not do any shit" Big Grin

First practise (maybe with an own baseline setup) and then think about setup.

A good baseline setup for a car/driver combo is nice and then needs detailled, individual tuning.

When i didn't know okayama years ago, my setup-guru told me "use your baseline setup, adjust the gearbox, tire pressure and use symmetric settings, drive 40 laps and then we talk about any other changes".

On known tracks it's just using my baseline-setup for a few laps, adjust a bit and then it works not that bad. On unknown tracks i handle it like above.

Before knowing the track well, knowing the racing line(s) and where to overtake and where not, just a setup doesn't give you a big advantage.

If everybody has a more driveable baseline-setup, speed will come by training Wink

Totally agree with your statement, some racers tend to land in a race by parachute and hope for the best Rolleyes
Although I understand playing time can be very limited for some {im one of them}, I do not enter a race without doing some research first Big Grin  
its a good practice to get to know the baseline setup BEFORE making any adjustments to a car, even though I can spot what needs to be done before hand in most cases, I can say that there's some decent baseline setups out there, being the MX5 CUP+Zandvoort one of them in my opinion, decent driveability and 1.56s being very achievable. 
Tuning setups can help specific driving styles and that's where I come from with my idea of helping people out. 
Example, I made an MX5 setup yesterday that is a tad slower than the baseline setup BUT it will suit a driver with slower reaction times, therefore its best for them to progress their experience on a slower car BUT very driver friendly than a Hoonigan that can make them very inconsistent increasing their overall race timer and decreasing their confidence, specially while battling for position Shy  

Most situations the fastest setup for a car/track aren't the most friendly to drive due to the compromise aspects, and that's what people need to understand, a car still needs to be driven to post those juicy times, setups are there just to help them  Wink
If you are in need of tuning setup advice or general race craft advice feel free to visit my Twitch and YouTube channels  Shy

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCrHO4qU3Z7-gq3h3t4Ag48A?view_as=subscriber

https://www.twitch.tv/prtracer

Messages In This Thread
RE: Tuning Setups for fellow racers in need - by Hugo Matos - 11-12-2019, 04:10 PM