Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Radical Server Crash
Hi SRS,

I tried to enter the Radical race at Nurbs Sprint GP and couldn't join. 2 servers said no slots and server 3 would load and then said checksum fail.

Hope we can re run the race or something as it looked like great fun.

What went wrong?

Thanks,

Ben
There was an issue with the server but it was managed and all 4 servers seem to be working.

Getting the no slots available message means you are trying the wrong server.
Checksum mismatch means you have the wrong version.
Got it. I had no idea the car was at 1.1. I have version 1.0.

Everything on SRS said it was OK in the status section of the race preview info.

I'm too used to Race Dept telling me about updates.

Thanks,

Ben
http://www.simracingsystem.com/showthread.php?tid=3164

The mod was not updated since the championship was announced and it is the first time it has been used.
I have to agree with Ben, considering this was planned well in advance.

No updates from me have been done, so there should of not been a miss match for anybody since this is used on SRS, so everybody should of downloaded the same version.

Also the server was set incorrect, it's meant to be fixed setup as I understand.

When I did get in , it was laggy, stuttering and undriveable, which is very very rare for an SRS server.

I will say, this is not due not due to the LOD_C or LOD_D missing from the car, as I have tested a full grid on Ultra settings and I don't have a high spec PC.

The BMW Mini had no issues and that has no lods.

Something went wrong tonight, server side.

Shaun
Hi SRS.

I always check the race preview details to see that all the SRS statuses are correct.

If the status says OK then surely it is safe to assume it's OK? Everything checked out as OK at my end. I had version 1.0 of the car, but all was allegedly 'OK'.
Version is not checked unless modders change the name of the mod.
It's cool. Not trying to argue. It just feels a little accusational. I did nothing wrong and only relied on the info supplied by SRS. I'm not a magic wizard who can tell if cars have been changed.

'OK' Wink
Ben wrote he had the v1.0 version. That version was never listed here at SRS.
So I really don't get your point, it was impossible not to have the Checksum failed message, unless the mod was named after its version.

The server did have problems and SRS had to be restarted twice, the second time because of the fixed setup.

You might have experienced lag when people joined but it should have passed after that.

The broadcast doesn't show any lag even at the start.

(11-07-2019, 09:00 PM)Shaun Clarke Wrote:  I have to agree with Ben, considering this was planned well in advance.

No updates from me have been done, so there should of not been a miss match for anybody since this is used on SRS, so everybody should of downloaded the same version.

Also the server was set incorrect, it's meant to be fixed setup as I understand.

When I did get in , it was laggy, stuttering and undriveable, which is very very rare for an SRS server.

I will say, this is not due not due to the LOD_C or LOD_D missing from the car, as I have tested a full grid on Ultra settings and I don't have a high spec PC.

The BMW Mini had no issues and that has no lods.

Something went wrong tonight, server side.

Shaun
I'm over it already. Please and thank yous are nice though.

I now have the correct car and hope to race next time.

Might be an idea to highlight any possible conflicts/issues with non Race Department cars. I only went to Shaun's page when I saw the link on a Gamer Muscle YouTube vid.

Shaun has a page and the SRS link points to Media Fire. I'm sure others that originally saw the car on Gamer Muscle's video may have made the same mistake.

Thanks

p.s Shaun the car is a joyous peach to drive. Thanks for making and sharing it.