Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
FFB problem in SRS race (only)?
OK.. wanted to be sure of this before I put this up.

But it seems I am having a very bad problem with FFB during a Race inside SRS.
This is what is going on. If I go into practice getting ready for next weeks race lets say..I am getting a level.. consistent FFB ,,I have all assist off and can do the whole race time of 20 mins with out any problem what so ever. FFB is all good..But the problem seems to only happen inside SRS race. OK so after this weeks F12007 race I can say its something that it feels like the texture of the road turns to rocks and my wheel starts to vibrate going in a straight line.. and when I say vibrate. I mean this is not the right FFB. so lets say at the race start inside that first lap all is good bit as soon as I cross the line for the second lap the entire race the wheel is shaking.. not so much as a FFB gain that is to high..rather each and every bit of the road has rocks on it..not big big ones..more like small one but on every part of the track..

I was thinking it was something to do with the Steer Assist because when I put that to 0 the wheel would react in the same way as the rocks on the road..but while in the pits,,and the car not even moving..if i set it to 0..i will have to hit my emergency button on my wheel..that's how bad the wheel reacts without even moving the car. was going to change the FFB ini but wanted to really make sure before i did..now i think it is something inside the tyres folder like flat spots or something..but there is not even enough time to create a flat spot..

could it be Sol..? should I turn it off in a race ? i tried to find anyone else with this problem making a post..but couldn't

anyone?

thanks really would love to fix this problem,

I will be busy tonight so won't have time to check this,,if anyone reply's..but I will check back by Sunday..for sure,,not playing anybody off or anything... Cool
As far as I can understand it's because you put steer assist on 0 in the f1 car. If you lower it from the default setting the ffb increases hugely. If you don't have this problem with other cars that should be it. If it isn't, which steering wheel/pedal set do you use?
(10-19-2019, 01:16 AM)Kees Post Wrote:  As far as I can understand it's because you put steer assist on 0 in the f1 car. If you lower it from the default setting the ffb increases hugely. If you don't have this problem with other cars that should be it. If it isn't, which steering wheel/pedal set do you use?

I thought it  was that but ..as it looks seems to be more then that..no matter what level i put it at,,it still will start to do the rocks on the road thing..I use OSW and DIY pedals..no problem on any other sim..
(10-20-2019, 04:25 PM)Troy Beachem Wrote:  
(10-19-2019, 01:16 AM)Kees Post Wrote:  As far as I can understand it's because you put steer assist on 0 in the f1 car. If you lower it from the default setting the ffb increases hugely. If you don't have this problem with other cars that should be it. If it isn't, which steering wheel/pedal set do you use?

I thought it  was that but ..as it looks seems to be more then that..no matter what level i put it at,,it still will start to do the rocks on the road thing..I use OSW and DIY pedals..no problem on any other sim..

http://vvcap.com/p1okcIMjx
(10-20-2019, 05:21 PM)Michael Butler Wrote:  

http://vvcap.com/p1okcIMjx

Thanks..I'll check that...let me see if that works,,hope to check it today at some point..
(10-21-2019, 02:48 PM)Troy Beachem Wrote:  

http://vvcap.com/p1okcIMjx   oh i forgot to tell you, leave the steering assist alone at 100 %, im not even sure why the modder put that there, if you lower it at all. yes you get the big time vibrating, as far as i know it doesn't affect speed at all on 100%.

Thanks..I'll check that...let me see if that works,,hope to check it today at some point..
(10-22-2019, 02:01 PM)Michael Butler Wrote:  
(10-21-2019, 02:48 PM)Troy Beachem Wrote:  

http://vvcap.com/p1okcIMjx   oh i forgot to tell you, leave the steering assist alone at 100 %, im not even sure why the modder put that there, if you lower it at all. yes you get the big time vibrating, as far as i know it doesn't affect speed at all on 100%.

I just did 25 mins,,setting up car for the race tmrw..did not feel the rocks on the road thing..I did not touch SA ..just set the fuel for the race,,lets see what happens in the race..I'll let you know..i am only getting the weird FFb thing during a race..
Ok..this is for sure a problem for me,, seems as a rumble strip effect is on or something. The road texture is just not right..and my wheel is vibrating at a rate that is not correct. Can I reset FFB in AC?

don't know what to do really.. can I delete the controls.ini ?
Had some time..so I checked some settings. found somethings that seems a bit off..

in CM under the display damage,,the max speed was set to 90 kph. also in the FF post process ini  the Gamma was set to 1

I set the CM display damage  to a speed I could never reach. like 400 kph. And set the Gamma to 0 in FF post process.

lets see if this will work.. after weds race I will report back...
It happened this time around 5 mins in. Not as bad as it had been but still was not right. and the damage display was coming on showing the front wheels damage just going down the straight started on lap 2 or 3.. I can say it feels like if you had RR steering rack setting on.. or to high and the wheel feels like a drill on concrete.

Did some digging and was able to find some strange things..I have no idea how it got there.. Inside of my two FF post files it had two different settings. In one the lut said crazy1.lut (which I think is AC default) and in the other it said Mycrazy.lut..which I have no idea how that got there.. I have used wheel check..but that was for iRacing and maybe years ago..can't remember..I am 6 years on iRacing and moved on to irFFB long ago so no need to use wheel check.

changed the lut setting back to crazylut in both files..don't know if a open wheel series is coming up..but if so I will report back after I race. 

hope this is it..lets see