Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How do you deal with (or prevent) being involved in other peoples' accidents?
(08-11-2019, 11:43 PM)Pawel Kusmierek Wrote:  Well in my opinion one thing you can do is file a protest against either 7th or 8th, or both.

Other than that, as in all racing. If you see in front of you a situation that can go sideways, you can (1) just keep going and hope that they won't crash, or you can (2) assume they will crash and brake to avoid. This of course puts you in danger of losing your position to the 10th and 11th, especially if the 7th and 8th managed no to crash. Tough choice between (1) and (2), but I want to point out that you chose (1) and lost your P9 anyway.

Also because these cars are made of pixels, and in case of crash nobody gets hurt, nobody has to spend $100k to fix things, nobody loses their contract and job, and people racing are amateurs, risky situations will end badly more often than IRL... so probably it's usually safer to back off, to chose (2) over (1).

Yeah, I agree with you that choosing the second option of braking would be better in most situations and I did consider it in the very short time I had to react, but if i did that I would have directly caused the person following close behind to crash into me. I'd feel bad if I caused a second accident and would much rather be the only person affected by the accident in front and have as few casualties as possible, haha. 

But yeah, I guess I should start taking the protest form more seriously in future.

Messages In This Thread
RE: How do you deal with (or prevent) being involved in other peoples' accidents? - by Nick Catsoudas - 08-12-2019, 01:06 AM