Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Skip Barber at RBR - any tips?
Right, and one of the pluses of SRS is that it is mostly a self sufficient system: people sign up, join the server at the right time, race, and points appear on a website, all automatically.

The only thing that isn't 100% automatic is the policing of bad behavior. I'm pretty sure that there have been cases where protest videos have been made for people cutting the track (like in my Donington example). I don't know what the end result of those protests were. If people got warnings and/or suspensions for cutting the track, especially in a dangerous way, then it seems like one could make the argument that everyone blatantly going 4 wheels out of bounds to get the optimal apex at turn 1 at RBR would be reportable as well.

Perhaps administration can chime in here and tell us if we should even bother sending in videos of people exploiting the track. If it isn't something that is ever going to be policed, then essentially those of us complaining about racing like this don't really have any legs to stand on and will either have stick to their guns and remain scrubs, or join the folks at the top of the fastest lap leaderboards and graze their left wheels on the wall at turn 1 here and anywhere else it is "technically allowed".

Oh, and as far as I know, the "plenty of track cutting" in professional motorsport is typically penalized with time penalties and such, is it not? They add the sausages to dissuade people from trying in the first place, not to say that it is okay to go there but your front wings will suffer.
Tutorial on how to use Autodesk Mudbox and Adobe Photoshop to make custom liveries! https://tinyurl.com/yaetz4qz
Grab my PDash Skins (an Assetto Corsa HUD app) here: https://tinyurl.com/y95ewubz

Messages In This Thread
RE: Skip Barber at RBR - any tips? - by Max Gripp - 05-30-2019, 03:40 PM
RE: Skip Barber at RBR - any tips? - by Russell Sobie - 05-30-2019, 09:33 PM