Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Skip Barber at RBR - any tips?
Hi guys,

just found this forum - could have used this earlier, I suck at setup making Big Grin

OK, so Skip Barber at RBR: whatever I do, I do not get anything faster than the base setup! So I must be doing sth wrong Cool I have 3 setups now, my times seem to be moderately competitive from what I see in the first 2 races. I can consistently do low 01:01s ( yeah I know, pple will get quicker ).

Each of the 3 does different things but they all do low 01:01s,. whatever I change! I can do that out of the box, it's driving me nuts! At RA I managed to squeeze about 1sec out of my laptime from base setup to finding a solid performer. Surely there must be a few tenths in there somewhere, but I can't find them ...

Thx for any pointers Smile

Cheers

Chris
I fiddled with the setup a bit before RA and came to the conclusion that default is about right. I don't really understand car setup but there is few enough options with this one to drive and test. I'd say leave it default, season brake bias to taste and adjust TP per track.

Off topic - I was a little disappointed that a win in a lower split doesn't show as a win. Fair enough you get less points for it but a win is a win!!
(05-27-2019, 08:51 PM)Andy Riches Wrote:  I fiddled with the setup a bit before RA and came to the conclusion that default is about right. I don't really understand car setup but there is few enough options with this one to drive and test. I'd say leave it default, season brake bias to taste and adjust TP per track.

Off topic - I was a little disappointed that a win in a lower split doesn't show as a win. Fair enough you get less points for it but a win is a win!!

Thx Andy, good to hear I'm not alone in thiking default works fine with minor tweaks Smile

For RBR I removed a little camber and a little less toe to make it somewhat more stable through the last 2 turns. That's about it ...

A win is also a win in the early morning races (Europe) and those are usually 1 to 1.5 secs/lap off the pace. If you want to get realtively comfortable 102s all you need to do is to race at 5am Big Grin

Cheers

Chris
I dont really care about the points as I doubt I'll complete all races in any given series but my rating is quite low due to less than 15 races and I was put in class 2 at RA. I just think a win in any server should show as a win. I'm not worried about the points Big Grin
(05-28-2019, 05:21 PM)Andy Riches Wrote:  I dont really care about the points as I doubt I'll complete all races in any given series but my rating is quite low due to less than 15 races and I was put in class 2 at RA. I just think a win in any server should show as a win. I'm not worried about the points Big Grin

Considering the laptimes you were nailing and the win you took in the first race I'm surprised you got into a class 2 race! I thought I read that would only happen in the first race of a series and then it would be purely down to performance - so your win should have dominated over your lack of raciing quantity ....

In any case, I also have some gripes with the points system, what bothers me most is that you get penaliosed for racing a lot. But I also understand you can't get 20 shots at a 102 and when you finally get it that's the one that stands ...

I guess the most important thing is that we're trying to get clean and competitve racing. I get that around half the races I compete in, and after a little while you know who you can trust, it's usuallly the same guys around you. That's more than I can say for most of the online racing I've done over the last 15 years, including iRacing.

Cheers

Chris
(05-28-2019, 09:43 PM)Chris Herrmann Wrote:  
(05-28-2019, 05:21 PM)Andy Riches Wrote:  I dont really care about the points as I doubt I'll complete all races in any given series but my rating is quite low due to less than 15 races and I was put in class 2 at RA. I just think a win in any server should show as a win. I'm not worried about the points Big Grin
Code:
Considering the laptimes you were nailing and the win you took in the first race I'm surprised you got into a class 2 race! I thought I read that would only happen in the first race of a series and then it would be purely down to performance - so your win should have dominated over your lack of raciing quantity ....

In any case, I also have some gripes with the points system, what bothers me most is that you get penaliosed for racing a lot. But I also understand you can't get 20 shots at a 102 and when you finally get it that's the one that stands ...

I guess the most important thing is that we're trying to get clean and competitve racing. I get that around half the races I compete in, and after a little while you know who you can trust, it's usuallly the same guys around you. That's more than I can say for most of the online racing I've done over the last 15 years, including iRacing.

Cheers

Chris

Quote fail ^

I assumed server placement was just based on your driver points which seem to tick up the more races you do.

Yeah I don't know many names on SRS other than a few guys so yet to figure out who I can trust. I'm sure there must be a few faces from our old public server, I know Leif is a regular here now. I'm yet to have a battle in SRS, it will come just need to join the right server at the right time. It is one thing I don't like about points racing, I feel like I can't start from the midfield to get stuck in with some racing like I could on our casual server, plus there were regularly faster drivers there for me to chase Smile
First race in a season for a series is based purely on Driver Rating. After that, Driver Rating still has some say in your server placement, but the higher weighted value is your Championship Points for the series. Only a single man knows the formula (much like how Driver Rating is calculated).

According to your driver page, you actually have a perfect record of 14 starts and 14 wins. Which is nuts. Welcome to SRS, I guess? Big Grin

http://www.simracingsystem.com/srsmember.php?a=fZ6Rc6xz

So while the current championship series apparently don't show those as "wins" for the purposes of champ placement, they do show as you winning individual races on your actual record. With your driver rating already in the 500s (and climbing), you'll very likely be placed on server 1 for the start of every series next season.
Tutorial on how to use Autodesk Mudbox and Adobe Photoshop to make custom liveries! https://tinyurl.com/yaetz4qz
Grab my PDash Skins (an Assetto Corsa HUD app) here: https://tinyurl.com/y95ewubz
Hi all,

is there any Driver (who´s driving that way) man enough, to tell me why tf you´re leaving the entire track in front of T1 and T5 ? 
I mean, I justed finished a race and died laughing because of that bs.

Where did you learn that? Everytime on RBR you see these "experts" 

Anyone?
There's quite a few of them, and it is certainly not hindering their lap times. I was just curious about how this is done in real life at this track I have yet to find video of anyone thinking this is a good idea. I always keep 2 wheels in the white (when I can), and on t1 I specifically keep my left wheels on the curbing because I lose stability if I go over that at all.
Tutorial on how to use Autodesk Mudbox and Adobe Photoshop to make custom liveries! https://tinyurl.com/yaetz4qz
Grab my PDash Skins (an Assetto Corsa HUD app) here: https://tinyurl.com/y95ewubz
putting two wheels off the curb on t1 entry can set you up for a better apex. Just be sure to have the curb inbetween your wheels at the beginning of the braking point for t1. This is less of a problem for t5 (you're not that hard on the brakes anyway). My fastest lap with generous use of t1&t5 entry space 1:00:79 and 1:01:125 without. So there could be a slight overall advantage to doing this.

completly leaving the track (all 4 wheels beyond the curb) had no positive effect on my lap times. Working the brakes while simultaniously setting the car up for the apex and juggling the logitech rattle snake was no fun.

I was wasn't suprised to see that a couple of drivers opted for this line in my two non top split races vs literally nobody in my single top split race. So i'd say that it's not a big deal.

Greetings,
Alex