Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Skip Barber at RBR - any tips?
(05-28-2019, 09:43 PM)Chris Herrmann Wrote:  
(05-28-2019, 05:21 PM)Andy Riches Wrote:  I dont really care about the points as I doubt I'll complete all races in any given series but my rating is quite low due to less than 15 races and I was put in class 2 at RA. I just think a win in any server should show as a win. I'm not worried about the points Big Grin
Code:
Considering the laptimes you were nailing and the win you took in the first race I'm surprised you got into a class 2 race! I thought I read that would only happen in the first race of a series and then it would be purely down to performance - so your win should have dominated over your lack of raciing quantity ....

In any case, I also have some gripes with the points system, what bothers me most is that you get penaliosed for racing a lot. But I also understand you can't get 20 shots at a 102 and when you finally get it that's the one that stands ...

I guess the most important thing is that we're trying to get clean and competitve racing. I get that around half the races I compete in, and after a little while you know who you can trust, it's usuallly the same guys around you. That's more than I can say for most of the online racing I've done over the last 15 years, including iRacing.

Cheers

Chris

Quote fail ^

I assumed server placement was just based on your driver points which seem to tick up the more races you do.

Yeah I don't know many names on SRS other than a few guys so yet to figure out who I can trust. I'm sure there must be a few faces from our old public server, I know Leif is a regular here now. I'm yet to have a battle in SRS, it will come just need to join the right server at the right time. It is one thing I don't like about points racing, I feel like I can't start from the midfield to get stuck in with some racing like I could on our casual server, plus there were regularly faster drivers there for me to chase Smile

Messages In This Thread
RE: Skip Barber at RBR - any tips? - by Andy Riches - 05-29-2019, 05:34 PM
RE: Skip Barber at RBR - any tips? - by Max Gripp - 05-30-2019, 03:40 PM