Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lotus 49 a lot of crashes
Well, on second thought, please let's do it then. There's a lot of people racing here each part of the day, so filter the crowd even more. I'm serious. SRS is a big system. It might be reasonable in the long run. There's gotta be a reason why some good fast racers are bellow and well bellow the 2.0 incident point average mark. I'm kind of working to get there. Personally, I think this is why some people join the server for the race, only to stop and disconnect shortly after start. To reduce their incident average.

Just another observation here on my part:
If you're racing here, be it server 1 or 2 or whatever, it's most likely that there will be a couple or several new people each race. This is really common in my experience. Now, since practice is in reality non-existent here, meaning about 2 minutes top while you join in, download new skins, that means that you actually don't run on track with people prior to the race, which means you don't know who you're racing with. Qualifying is hotlapping on track with others anyway. The "new guy's" faster laptime against your laptime still doesn't help you know much about his racing, except that he most likely beats you on track, for example. Now, the race starts with him in front. He makes a couple of moves during opening laps and eventually spins out and rejoins the track, somewhere around you. Now, he is steaming to get back into the positions he "rightfully deserves" and races you like you are a lapper. You rub doors, he punts you off, you hit the wall, you or both spin out into other people, whatever, that's a couple of incident points for everyone involved. Or he is just new to this whole thing, slow and is bound to be lapped once or couple of times in 20 minutes. He doesn't move away, or he does it clumsily and you two rub the bumpers. No difference, you get an incident point or two. Walking in shoes of the newcomer, he's got some incident points accumulated already in his first couple of races. He can still try and reduce that if he realizes in time what he has to do. But then a bit further into this "career" of his, he gets some newcomers too, and can't avoid incidents easily. It goes on and on. But this is what the incident system is for in the first place. To separate good clean racers from the hotheaded ones. I think the existence of this "safety rating" system helps improving the quality of racing.

Personally, I've left a number of series which were interesting to me, because it was easy to get caught up and be punished. In practice, this way of running the series with many different drivers and this sort of automated race steward system sucks if you're gonna run for the championship. The contrast is so strong and it shows it prefers speed over anything else. Qualifying is really important. Starting from somewhere midfield or from the back, if I drive really slow, I have a good chance to avoid everything bad except the unimpressive finishing result (still, not guaranteed). Simply said, what you have to do each race is get the pole position, chunk out those fastest laptimes and drive away without mistakes and of course win each race. If not, and you're just not that fast and skilled, you're really risking it staying in the race if there's people close by. You need to watch both in front and in the mirrors all the time, not allowing to accumulate those incident points. Blocking someone or divebombing on someone into a corner will rightfully earn you an incident point, one can say. Someone's divebombing move on you, will probably piss you off because you lost much more than that position only. As if struggling with all this and try to be up to speed isn't frustrating already.

Messages In This Thread
Lotus 49 a lot of crashes - by Bernardo Gil - 05-23-2019, 02:33 AM
RE: Lotus 49 a lot of crashes - by Borre Verdoes - 05-27-2019, 08:11 AM
RE: Lotus 49 a lot of crashes - by Michal Janak - 05-27-2019, 07:55 PM
RE: Lotus 49 a lot of crashes - by Pete Parisetti - 07-06-2019, 01:04 PM
RE: Lotus 49 a lot of crashes - by Russell Sobie - 07-06-2019, 01:41 PM
RE: Lotus 49 a lot of crashes - by Don Debienne - 07-06-2019, 01:59 PM
RE: Lotus 49 a lot of crashes - by Pete Parisetti - 07-07-2019, 07:21 AM
RE: Lotus 49 a lot of crashes - by Sergio Mendez - 07-07-2019, 09:57 AM
RE: Lotus 49 a lot of crashes - by Alex Leif - 07-11-2019, 05:20 PM
RE: Lotus 49 a lot of crashes - by Igor Relja - 07-16-2019, 10:08 PM
RE: Lotus 49 a lot of crashes - by Pete Parisetti - 07-17-2019, 09:57 AM