Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lotus 49 a lot of crashes
Information 
Ok, its a dificult car, but.....

I think there is no need to do these things. everything OK, I'm not going to make a report, just expose it.

No matter how fast you are, a complete pilot never does these things, please driver safe first
http://www.simracingsystem.com/announcements.php?aid=3
in TVR too too much "racers" trying impossibles and ruin races to others Sad

i am for Inc AVG and overal points limit for such a series
(05-23-2019, 02:33 AM)Bernardo Gil Wrote:  Ok, its a dificult car, but.....

I think there is no need to do these things. everything OK, I'm not going to make a report, just expose it.

No matter how fast you are, a complete pilot never does these things, please driver safe first

Report dont works in this system, and noboby knows how to report, u are free to do what u want. The culture in Assetto Corsa allowed kids to use keyboards, joystick, outside camera, and tons of ARCADE features.
(05-23-2019, 02:33 AM)Bernardo Gil Wrote:  I'm not going to make a report, just expose it.

Just exposing it doesn't help. You need to report when drivers aren't behaving properly.
Amazing list of awesome achievements: 5th Lotus 25 2018, 4th DRM 2019, 5th Williams FW14 vs. Ferrari 643 2019, 3rd Ferrari 312T vs. Lotus 72D 2020
Reality is that many people couldn't care less about safety. If you are not smart enough to understand the points system (or, as in most cases, you don't care) , tere is no real incentive in driving clean, and no sanction for being a pighead (apart from the individual reports, which are good but don't seem to have much overall effect). I am curious as to why SRS doesn't implement a "safety filter", as suggested above. Why not making one of the three daily 20 minute series limited to inc avg 2 and below, perhaps the series with the more interesting/attractive car? Safety rating of the participants, in my opinion, is much more important than overall rating in determining the quality of the racing experience for everybody involved.
Driver rating currently takes incidents into account. Whether or not it does so optimally is infinitely debatable since no one knows the formula except one guy and he's not talking. Incident average doesn't say much either... anecdotally I'd consider myself clean to the point of detriment, and my incident average is 2.18 at the time of this post. Anyone that started at SRS at midpack is going to have high incidents, no matter how careful they are. Mine has been on steady decline as I've improved as a driver overall and more often than not qualify in the top 5, so I have much less to worry about in that regard. What you'd likely see with incident rating only gated races is that the majority of the participants would simply be new drivers that just happened to not have that many wrecks yet. Big Grin

Some automatic point system of any kind simply won't solve the problems brought up in this thread. Human eyeballs making judgements based on evidence is the closest thing we have to accuracy with the SRS system for removing poor behavior (from simple inexperience to apathetic aggression all the way to intentional wrecking), and again, it's one guy watching protest videos, typically weeks after actual the incidents.

My experience with skill rating limited races is the same as any other races here: sometimes they are clean, sometimes they contain a number of idiots of varying laptimes. What might be interesting is looking at actual incident amounts in your typical daily race like the Audi TT Cup versus one of the old series with 500 skill rating requirements in whatever car. My hypothesis is that they'd be roughly the same.
Tutorial on how to use Autodesk Mudbox and Adobe Photoshop to make custom liveries! https://tinyurl.com/yaetz4qz
Grab my PDash Skins (an Assetto Corsa HUD app) here: https://tinyurl.com/y95ewubz
Agree. Simon and Russell are on point here. The only way to change behaviour is to apply a penalty that results in changing behaviour. The only penalty that seems to work is the ban resulting from the protest form. Most of us are semi or fully addicted to this sport and SRS is a good platform for getting more competitive racing and quality than most public servers (not all the time however!). So taking that away for a time has an impact. The points restrictions or more complex points systems likely won't have as much effect as the ban. I have been taken out by drivers exercising terrible judgement who have point totals in the 700 range and incident rates below 2.0. On the other end of the spectrum some of the daily races have incident totals in Server 1 of 95- 100 (DTM's). That is an average of 4 per driver and a good number of those points represent some pretty bad racing.
I received one 7 day ban long ago for an unsafe rejoin and let me tell you, before I go back on track, I am looking at the track map, out my windows and making sure I am not going to mess up again. It works because no competitive person likes to be banned from their sport. So...put the protest forms in. Once you learn how to do it, it is pretty simple. If you are on the receiving end of the bad driving, well, suck it up, don't give up, keep racing and you may be surprised with some of the great racing you can have even in mid to back pack.
Russell, I bow to your experience, but I respectfully disagree. We have often been in the same race, and you know my driving style. I have come up from nothing, worked my way through the ranks with one and only one philosophy: first, stay safe; second, be respected by your peers; and third, in time results will come. One year into this obsession, and seven months into SRS, I am eyeing my 700 points target and, at all levels I competed, I have historically maintained an inc avg of 1.5/1.6. Obviously, I am still a Mr Nobody, but my personal story tells me that you CAN get up to a decent level AND maintain a low incident score. Yes, people with good safety scores will still do funny things, but in my experience that is by far the exception. When I am suggesting a safety rate threshold for certain races, it's just my wishful thinking of racing against people like myself and yourself. Thanks.
In my opinion INC average might be a wall to access to split 1. Anybody with more than 3,5 (for example) shoud improve his/her rating before could enter to split 1. But I understand a lot of people doesn't share it. Just different points of view.
Shaun Clarke Racing team.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCXFr32FURbIpcY7IAMUaO7A