Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Skip Barbers handling got different after update?!
Welcome Andrew Smile

When this thread was started we spoke about Road America. Now we're at Okayama which is probably the least grippy we've had this season. It really is like driving on ice and tires get cold very quickly.

Make sure you have the pressures right, you can see them in the AC tires app. So that at least you don't lose even more tire efficiency on top of them being cold. That's the first thing I usually do.

In terms of setup advice, the Skippy has limited options. Even with the base setup you can be moderately competitive, and then tweak to suit your style. For me that usually includes small brake pressure and bias adjustments, lower the front a little to get a bit of rake angle (too much and it stops turning in), play a little with camber and toe depending on how much you want the car to turn ... and that's about it.

Setting the rear anti-roll bar to 1 (0 is the default) may lose you a little grip but helps a lot with predictability. For me in race mode that is a price worth paying, the car snaps less on you.. For hotlaps you may be able to squeeze more time out of the softer setup.

I'm not a setup Guru by any means, this is just stuff I found during this season. And I'm greatful there aren't so many option, I wouldn't want to try and set up a GT3 car from scratch - I'd be doomed Smile

Cheers

Chris

Messages In This Thread
RE: Skip Barbers handling got different after update?! - by Chris Herrmann - 06-18-2019, 08:50 PM