Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Skip Barbers handling got different after update?!
As the title says, i downloaded the 1.1 version on sunday and my laptimes were 2.38 low and my best was 2.37.7.. after the update i cant find the grip anymore, tires get freakin cole and i cant even reach a 2.40 lap.... Have you guys notice the difference too?

Cheers
[img]https://i.ibb.co/xS5Lzhw/IMG-20190503-202629-959.jpg[/img]
(05-22-2019, 07:45 AM)Jack Hunt Wrote:  As the title says, i downloaded the 1.1 version on sunday and my laptimes were 2.38 low and my best was 2.37.7.. after the update i cant find the grip anymore, tires get freakin cole and i cant even reach a 2.40 lap.... Have you guys notice the difference too?

Cheers

Yes, exact same thing. I got a 2.36.9 in my last practise on Sunday and thought there was room to spaere as i usually find another .5 over the course of the race week.

Then after the update in quali and race I couldn't get into the 37s, all mid to low 38s. Like driving on ice and cold tires all round.

I guess if it's the same for everyone it doesn't matter so much. Makes it more difficult to handle, you really need to go at 95% and not overdrive to make it through the 20mins without going off. Not necessarily a bad thing, Most guys take themselves out this week Smile

On the downside: 3 poles and got taken out on L1 on 2 of them ... (and on 1 of them I crashed into your back if  iremember well, was that you witht he connection issues or am I confusing drivers here? :Smile)

Cheers

Chris
Changelog for 1.2 reads:

Quote:¡A mystery! Just kidding, minor physics and graphic update to increase pc performance and online fluid experience.
New Skins.

So yeah, that "minor physics" might have something to do with the time differences. I've heard people say that the AC Skip Barber is more grippy than in iRacing and rF2, so maybe this is more accurate to the real thing?
Tutorial on how to use Autodesk Mudbox and Adobe Photoshop to make custom liveries! https://tinyurl.com/yaetz4qz
Grab my PDash Skins (an Assetto Corsa HUD app) here: https://tinyurl.com/y95ewubz
(05-22-2019, 10:23 AM)Russell Sobie Wrote:  Changelog for 1.2 reads:

Quote:¡A mystery! Just kidding, minor physics and graphic update to increase pc performance and online fluid experience.
New Skins.

So yeah, that "minor physics" might have something to do with the time differences. I've heard people say that the AC Skip Barber is more grippy than in iRacing and rF2, so maybe this is more accurate to the real thing?

On the other hand the iRacing laptimes are several seconds quicker, there's hotlaps in the 2:30 range. Also when I watch in car replays of thiose I note gear shit points are different. AC Skip needs to shift earlier - for example 3rd doesn't go past 160kph - maybe in iRacing the gears can be adjusted?

Top speed is also higher in the iRacing vids.

Cheers

Chris
Yer I have found the same between the updates. I am approximately 2s slower with version 1.2. There is a big difference in the brake power and it feels slightly slower in general. Not sure we should see as bid a difference between I racing and AC but its still a fun car to drive.
iRacing laps are usually faster regardless, even often too fast compared to the real thing (ex GT3)
I also found lap times were slower with v1.2, 2:37.xxx became 2:40.xxx at best. Lowering ride height, less -ve camber and upping tyre pressures has helped get some of it back in offline races
Found this which shows real life cars getting 1:31:** best lap so seems I racing is is closer to the mark with the speed of the car. I couldn't tell you which versions handling is closer to the real thing. https://www.speedhive.com/Sessions/4274885. Still a great car though really enjoying it so hats off to the people who put it together.
Hi all - new here... I came into the forum looking for setup advice for the AC model, which I can barely keep on the track...

the iRacing Skippies are much, much grippier.

Which track are you referring to here?
Welcome Andrew Smile

When this thread was started we spoke about Road America. Now we're at Okayama which is probably the least grippy we've had this season. It really is like driving on ice and tires get cold very quickly.

Make sure you have the pressures right, you can see them in the AC tires app. So that at least you don't lose even more tire efficiency on top of them being cold. That's the first thing I usually do.

In terms of setup advice, the Skippy has limited options. Even with the base setup you can be moderately competitive, and then tweak to suit your style. For me that usually includes small brake pressure and bias adjustments, lower the front a little to get a bit of rake angle (too much and it stops turning in), play a little with camber and toe depending on how much you want the car to turn ... and that's about it.

Setting the rear anti-roll bar to 1 (0 is the default) may lose you a little grip but helps a lot with predictability. For me in race mode that is a price worth paying, the car snaps less on you.. For hotlaps you may be able to squeeze more time out of the softer setup.

I'm not a setup Guru by any means, this is just stuff I found during this season. And I'm greatful there aren't so many option, I wouldn't want to try and set up a GT3 car from scratch - I'd be doomed Smile

Cheers

Chris