Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Four seconds off the pace - technical analysis
[quote pid='25235' dateline='1551712311']
AHA! This is really becoming interesting. I promise I won't go on and on and waste everybody's time. First, James, I hear you loud and clear about the fact that with time things mysteriously improve - I've seen it happening already in the 8 months I've been at this.

BUT, to put this to sleep, please look at this other short video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v8GhSBaELOA

Turn 1 at slow speed shows that the partial lift of the gas happens during turn-in. That means that I turned in too slow, but I seriously doubt there are 1 or 2 tenths there. Then, I floor the pedal some 4 metres before the apex, and it clearly stays down all the way. No time to be gained there, in my book.

Then, you say that I try to catch a very late apex at turn 3. That is "the" apex everybody catches, as clearly shown by the consensus line of rubber on the track. And, as far as I can tell from the slow motion, I catch it pretty well. Some guys take a very tight line around the inside of the corner, others stay very wide on entry, but everybody ends up there and accelerates out - just as I do...

You will hate the moment you answered me the first time!  Wink

[/quote]

Messages In This Thread
RE: Four seconds off the pace - technical analysis - by Pete Parisetti - 03-04-2019, 03:51 PM