Hello There, Guest! Register

Poll: When a car is a stick shift do you use Paddles, H-Shifter or Gamepad
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Gamepad
0%
0 0%
H-shifter
62.92%
56 62.92%
Paddles
37.08%
33 37.08%
Total 89 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Poll H-shifter or Paddles?
Paddles only since I can't be bothered to learn heal-toe, and I haven't had a shifter since I got rid of my G27. I like how there's a "Gamepad" choice as a trap. You all know that's an insta-ban for using thumbs only to drive right? Big Grin
Tutorial on how to use Autodesk Mudbox and Adobe Photoshop to make custom liveries! https://tinyurl.com/yaetz4qz
Grab my PDash Skins (an Assetto Corsa HUD app) here: https://tinyurl.com/y95ewubz
(02-17-2019, 02:57 PM)Russell Sobie Wrote:  Paddles only since I can't be bothered to learn heal-toe, and I haven't had a shifter since I got rid of my G27. I like how there's a "Gamepad" choice as a trap. You all know that's an insta-ban for using thumbs only to drive right? Big Grin

I got a TH-8, a new set of pedals and a rig over the holidays. I haven't driven an actual stick since the 90s'. I've been determined to learn to heel-toe and I find it's a lot of fun. Problem is guys are just blowing by me in the races and I know most of them are using paddles on stick shift cars. That's why I wanted to do this poll. No gamepad players so far?? Take care.
245 views and only 23 people voted?.. come on guys! Must be the gamepad users..LOL!
(02-16-2019, 05:05 PM)Rob Russo Wrote:  H-shifter still only in practice for me... scary downshifts (like from 5th to 2nd), not ready for prime-time... yet!

Ive NEVER went 5th to 2nd..ever..... always in order....shifter is def faster in every aspect once you learn how.

bought this shifter, use clutch every shift..... times are improving and even sounds better.
(02-18-2019, 11:46 AM)Mike Blaze Wrote:  
(02-16-2019, 05:05 PM)Rob Russo Wrote:  H-shifter still only in practice for me... scary downshifts (like from 5th to 2nd), not ready for prime-time... yet!

Ive NEVER went 5th to 2nd..ever..... always in order....shifter is def faster in every aspect once you learn how.

bought this shifter, use clutch every shift..... times are improving and even sounds better.

That's awesome Mike. I love using my TH-8. All my cars in the 90s' were stick. Now I hear the dealers charge you more for manual. Ridiculous. Happy motoring.
(02-18-2019, 11:46 AM)Mike Blaze Wrote:  

No, I wouldn't either... except as one of the mistakes I'm still prone to make  Big Grin
lol, I only went 5th to 2nd when i was getting my driving license.
the H shifter is more fun than paddles, ever, i have the same problem on many races that the right hand don't touch the wheel but it's ok for me, for those people who don't know how work the H shifter , paddles would be better, but my suggestion is to get one and learn.
Hey guys,
when i try to drive the Ford i cant shift gears. Paddlebox and Steering is okay but the shift paddles dont work Sad
Any suggestions ?

Max
Paddles for me, as I've only got the stock Thrustmaster T150.
But if I had the budget, stick shift all the way.
Assetto Corsa, Thrustmaster T150, Playseat Challenge, GTX1080, i7-8700k, 16GB RAM.
Paddles, because I do not have a shifter. Maybe I'll get one some time, but for now it's paddles and left foot on the brake, clutch never touched except at launch (also never learned to heel&toe properly, maybe I will when I get the shifter)

By the way , IRL I mostly drive this way in automatic transmission cars. That is I use left foot braking, and I drive either in the automatic mode, or, when available (like in my own car, which has a DCT with manual mode) in the manual mode using paddles or sequential lever whichever is more convenient for a given shift. In manual trasmission cars I switch to using clutch and right-foot braking,

Frankly, I am a bit concerned that, should I start using a shifter (as sequential, not H) I will start getting confused between it and my own car, as down/ vs. upshift direction is the opposite in each. On the other hand, if I am not getting confused switching between left and right foot braking, maybe I'll handle this too.
Frenzy Conducive "Benzine Wagons" Being "Tuned-Up" By Mechanicians