Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
More joining problems
Seat Leon, 12:00 race chronology:

At 11:58 I join the race

Immediately I realise that the controls are not working, so I have to restart the PC.

At 12:06 I re-launch AC, click on the SRS app, and the JOIN button is not available for the race I was already registered for.

I try quitting AC and re-loading. At 12:08, the JOIN button is always not available. That's 2 minutes before the end of qualifying.

Now, on top of risking a heart attack for the rage and frustration, I face another 10 points loss and possible banning.

Why?
Because you can't join after the registration time has fully passed using the web application. You can, however, join any race you have successfully registered for by going to the public server list and searching for "simracingsystem" to locate all of the servers currently in use for AC. Join the one you are able to join (the others won't be available to you since you can only register for one race at a time and obviously will only be registered for only one of the servers anyway).

If you use Content Manager, it will TYPICALLY keep that Join button available on the web app page so long as you keep CM open. Given your restart, the only way you are getting back in is via the server browser. For Content Manager that means clicking on the "Kunos" tab.
Tutorial on how to use Autodesk Mudbox and Adobe Photoshop to make custom liveries! https://tinyurl.com/yaetz4qz
Grab my PDash Skins (an Assetto Corsa HUD app) here: https://tinyurl.com/y95ewubz
(01-30-2019, 04:29 PM)Russell Sobie Wrote:  Because you can't join after the registration time has fully passed using the web application. You can, however, join any race you have successfully registered for by going to the public server list and searching for "simracingsystem" to locate all of the servers currently in use for AC. Join the one you are able to join (the others won't be available to you since you can only register for one race at a time and obviously will only be registered for only one of the servers anyway).

If you use Content Manager, it will TYPICALLY keep that Join button available on the web app page so long as you keep CM open. Given your restart, the only way you are getting back in is via the server browser. For Content Manager that means clicking on the "Kunos" tab.

Thank you Russell, but you may as well have written in Japanese. Where/what is Content Manager?
Forget content manager for a second.
Next time, if u want to join after the registration button has vanished, go to the online menu in Assetto Corsa, search for the server "symracingsystem" and join through there
What Dennis said. But if you want to bring Assetto Corsa into the present day, you should install and use Content Manager. https://assettocorsa.club/content-manager.html
Tutorial on how to use Autodesk Mudbox and Adobe Photoshop to make custom liveries! https://tinyurl.com/yaetz4qz
Grab my PDash Skins (an Assetto Corsa HUD app) here: https://tinyurl.com/y95ewubz
Thank you both. I could not find any online menu in AC. I will download content manager and get my head around it.
You two are ever kind and forthcoming with comments and advice, but the issues remain that a) the hobbyist who wants to play by the rules but has problems independent from his will (hardware, software, mods, connection...) gets doubly penalised - one feels that insult (rating loss) is added to the injury of not being able to race; and b) as far as I can tell, but I may be wrong, the website and the published instructions for using the app never mention the level of detail/knowledge you kindly share. I agree it's not rocket science, but yet, the hobbyist feels penalised.
I will never tire to say that I am NOT complaining or criticising. SRS is a fantastic system and is the only reason I'm in the hobby. I only find certain practices unnecessarily complicated, and some rules unfair.
Start AC. Click on "Main Menu".
Then click on the wheel icon on the top left of your screen in the main menu
At the top of your screen you see 5 tabs:
-practise
-challenge
-race
-favorites

Obviously you'll have to select "Online"
In the search bar, type "symracingsystem"
Then voila, you can join.

The AC menu is explained further here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Oy-C2sraUgk
What Dennis said ^^ Smile

Pete, I think you what are describing is kind of what simracing is like more generally, I spent several years racing online in AC in the glory days of ALOOG and Streetfight servers before I even ventured to SRS.
And then I totally got my arse kicked and left it for another 9 months of racing fast guys online, then STILL got destroyed in SRS.

Only after racing at SRS for a good year solid (nearly 1200 races) do I feel I am actually doing ok overall, some cars I am pretty quick in but others still 4-5 s off the pace Smile

So in other words - stick at it man, and remember consistency is king.
To quote the mighty Jim of Crewcheif, “Don’t try to brake later, just concentrate harder”
(01-31-2019, 06:43 PM)Alex Leif Wrote:  What Dennis said ^^ Smile

Pete, I think you what are describing is kind of what simracing is like more generally, I spent several years racing online in AC in the glory days of ALOOG and Streetfight servers before I even ventured to SRS.
And then I totally got my arse kicked and left it for another 9 months of racing fast guys online, then STILL got destroyed in SRS.

Only after racing at SRS for a good year solid (nearly 1200 races) do I feel I am actually doing ok overall, some cars I am pretty quick in but others still 4-5 s off the pace Smile

So in other words - stick at it man, and remember consistency is king.
To quote the mighty Jim of Crewcheif, “Don’t try to brake later, just concentrate harder”

Thanks for the encouragement, Alex. I will certainly stick at it. Despite the frustrations at being slow, it is exhilarating!

I was wondering if you have any general setup tips for the Leon you feel like sharing?
(02-03-2019, 01:19 PM)Pete Parisetti Wrote:  Thanks for the encouragement, Alex. I will certainly stick at it. Despite the frustrations at being slow, it is exhilarating!

I was wondering if you have any general setup tips for the Leon you feel like sharing?

Pete we were in the same TCR @ Road America the other day so I took a look at the replay and here we go.

First off your top speed is low so I assume you run the default wing settings, put that wing to 0. I ran 0 at paul ricard, nurburgring and road america and I would be surprised if any of the top guys run anything but wing 0. From about tuesday to thursday i tried wing 1-2 and I could never ever get close enough to get by people on the straight. No slipstream in the world helped there. Also my overall laptime suffered from it, so back to 0 it went and i matched my personal best and infact i broke it several times and got my time down to 2.13.7 and can somewhat consistently do 2.14 laps. So that would be my first suggestion for you.

Second, assuming that the input meter in the replay is correct you seem to be coasting a lot and you dont do enough trail braking. Remember that the TCR cars are FWD in some corners you kinda need to hit the brake to get that thing to turn enough and sometimes you just need to ride the brake a bit towards the apex of the corner until you can start feeding the throttle.

Your overall racing line seems fine but if you stop coasting and trail brake a bit more you will find that the car will turn earlier so you can brake a bit later.
And if you find that the cars rear is wanting to turn around on you, you are most likely having to low brake bias on the front. I ran 75 at ricard i think and 80 at nurburg ring and 77 at road america.

1. 0 wing
2. Stop coasting
3. Trail brake
4. Brake bias to the front more 77-80%

Road america is over for now but i would be very surprised if these things didnt apply to red bull ring.

And by the way, its not just the slow guys at the lower end of the field that gets frustrated. Even if im in top10 or top5 there is some guys that are not only a good second faster but a bunch of them are more consistent too. It's frustrating for every one, no matter what level we are on Smile

Good luck mate, we've all been where you are.

That was a lot of text, sorry Tongue