Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Penalty system
I consider it a bug that they will never fix that they do not show the time remaining to a tenth of a second. That's why you still have to stay off the gas even when it says "0"... because it should be "0.9" and count down to "0.0" before you can accelerate again. Sometimes it is faster to just lift for the amount of time, while other times it's better to brake all the way below 35. Depends on the track. And as someone above mentioned, sometimes the <35 isn't an option.

I fell victim to Paul Riccard's final turn yesterday. Went a bit wide on that last turn, got a 6 second penalty, and didn't realize it until I got too close to the start/finish and got DQed with only 5 minutes left in the race.  And I'm not alone...  in the next race on that track I think I saw 3 or 4 people succumb to the same DQ.

Frankly the penalty system in AC is horrible. The only time I get served penalties is when I go off track in a situation where I'm actually losing time anyway (see above), or I've been punted off the track, usually at a chicane, by another driver and I end up "cutting" even though, again, I have actually lost time. And then to serve the penalty, I find myself doing really stupid shit that endangers myself and others to get the giant red text to go away as fast as possible.

I am not aware of a better solution that doesn't require a bunch of additional client and server app use, so we are basically stuck with this. I guess basically we just have to be careful, and pay attention to the text going all the way away before resuming our race. And then try to keep a cool head when you do finally get sorted.
Tutorial on how to use Autodesk Mudbox and Adobe Photoshop to make custom liveries! https://tinyurl.com/yaetz4qz
Grab my PDash Skins (an Assetto Corsa HUD app) here: https://tinyurl.com/y95ewubz

Messages In This Thread
Penalty system - by Kacper Smirnow - 01-20-2019, 10:46 PM
RE: Penalty system - by Martin Smith - 01-20-2019, 11:06 PM
RE: Penalty system - by Kacper Smirnow - 01-20-2019, 11:13 PM
RE: Penalty system - by Pawel Kusmierek - 01-21-2019, 01:29 AM
RE: Penalty system - by Igor Relja - 01-21-2019, 01:02 AM
RE: Penalty system - by Russell Sobie - 01-21-2019, 05:38 AM
RE: Penalty system - by Pawel Kusmierek - 01-21-2019, 03:31 PM
RE: Penalty system - by Martin Smith - 01-21-2019, 04:35 PM
RE: Penalty system - by Lars Mars - 01-23-2019, 11:37 AM
RE: Penalty system - by Marek Vons - 01-24-2019, 08:11 AM
RE: Penalty system - by Igor Relja - 01-24-2019, 12:44 AM